Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Avensis 2.0 d4d 2011 5th injector fuel feed blank

Danamos11

Hi, does anyone know what to do to blank off the fuel feed to the 5th injector? 

if so could you please share your knowledge? 🙂

13 hours ago, Danamos11 said:

Hi, does anyone know what to do to blank off the fuel feed to the 5th injector? 

if so could you please share your knowledge? 🙂

Quick question why .did u do away with the dpf or cat .by chance will that not pass the mot now not even sure if u in UK but here will fail other than that I'd love do away with those also 

I still have the dpf, it’s just keeps regening all the time. I have read that people cut the fuel feed to the 5th Injector to stop it doing it. Which is what I’m trying to do 

Sounds like you'd just be 'solving' one problem and creating another. Your dpf would still gather suit and then won't be burned to ash as a regen so it'll just choke the car? Neither option sounds too appealing. 

• Like 1

You could get away with it if the driving is mostly for long periods and high load, e.g. lots of hills, motorway runs, fast A-roads etc., as the engine exhaust will get hot enough to burn the soot on its own; The 5th injector is a bodge to try and start a fire in the exhaust when the engine isn't hot enough to do it with exhaust heat alone - This may have changed in newer cars, but originally the 5th injector was only used if the engine hadn't gotten hot enough to regen for too long and the soot had built up past some set limit.

The whole thing is a terrible system which is why, despite being a diesel convert, I sadly decided my Mk1 would be the last diesel car I would own (Also ironically after being the first! :laugh: ) as all the new ones have more and more reliability destroying guff that does nothing but make the car worse.

I'm just glad the new gen hybrids are so diesel-like, in performance and efficiency terms, as going back from diesel to petrol was a horrible experience; I dare say it was starting to damage my mental health...! :unsure: :laugh:

20 hours ago, Danamos11 said:

I still have the dpf, it’s just keeps regening all the time. I have read that people cut the fuel feed to the 5th Injector to stop it doing it. Which is what I’m trying to do 

Tbh thing I would not do as it's to get the dpf up to temp to burn the carbon .I don't know how u know it dose it all the time as my 2014 one with 47k on the clock I can't even tell when it's doing a regen of if doing one at all I see nothing in my car .no different engine noise or any white smoke from exhaust I do only short journeys as well as I live so close 2 work only maybe weekends as tend to try go for a good drive and yet that's not long either