Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Toyota avensis T27clutch

yoddn

hi all this is my first post basically original clutch has gone after 232000 miles

I've tried local motor parts groups for the clutch and flywheel all have comeback saying there are two flywheels for the car

one is 330ish the other is £500ish the clutch is about £185is their has been mentioned something about a friction plate can anyone point me in the right direction as this is my taxi and with council regulation will have to replace car in 6 months hence didn't really want to spend loads of money on it as nobody is likely to buy it

The friction plate or (driven plate as it is sometimes known) goes between the pressure plate and flywheel 232000 on the original clutch is pretty good it might have a dmf dual mass flywheel perhaps that’s what they are referring to £500 ish sounds about right for a clutch replacement.

thanks for quick reply yes it has a DMF the luk flywheel is the only one saying friction plate any ideas the prices ive quoted are only for the DMF

50 minutes ago, yoddn said:

thanks for quick reply yes it has a DMF the luk flywheel is the only one saying friction plate any ideas the prices ive quoted are only for the DMF

Looking on line it looks like the Luk clutch is only the 3 pieces ie: the pressure plate driven plate and release bearing which comes out around £200 to £300 I would recommend you change the whole lot a Sachs kit comes out £400 ish which includes the dmf if you Google your car you should get some prices was the quotes you were getting including the fitting. Put your reg into euro car parts and car parts for less see what it throws up

I wouldn’t have thought you would have to much trouble selling the car in 6 months time you should at least get your money back especially with a new clutch especially as used car prices are at an all time high.