Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Attacked by parcel shelf

Kental

Has anyone else struck the parcel shelf with their forehead when loading or unloading the boot. I have to admit it did sting a bit.

Hmm, I've dislodged it a lot but not hit myself with it yet... The spring-loaded sun-visors on the other hand...

896629EF-903C-48AD-9A49-24FDE93C3242.thumb.jpeg.a3861a5d58f4b69fec3404786a4220ba.jpeg

• Sad 1

16 hours ago, Cyker said:

Hmm, I've dislodged it a lot but not hit myself with it yet... The spring-loaded sun-visors on the other hand...

The Yaris one I’ve had no issues with, but the angle of the Corolla one and the rigidness of it makes a lethal weapon 

• Like 1

Granted not a&e, but previous European cars have been better finished in places like this 

• Like 2

Yep, I've done that. When reaching in it doesn't go as high as you'd expect. And then having it hit, you forget to reseat it in the hinge, so spend the whole journey listening to it squeaking with every movement the car makes.

• Thanks 1

Do you think they will issue a recall? :laugh: 

15 minutes ago, newda898 said:

Yep, I've done that. When reaching in it doesn't go as high as you'd expect. And then having it hit, you forget to reseat it in the hinge, so spend the whole journey listening to it squeaking with every movement the car makes.

Not just me being clumsy then

14 hours ago, Cyker said:

Do you think they will issue a recall? :laugh: 

Issue with the average height of a European being more than an Asian perhaps. Maybe why the Yaris Cross just has a piece of felt rather than a rigid parcel shelf.

Toyota have had their fingers burnt by American litigation. Sedans are more popular there as manufacturers are too scared to sell hatchbacks.

• Haha 1

Aggressive parcel shelves are a real threat to unsuspecting Toyota Yaris Hybrid members. Toyota recommend the wearing of protective headgear when in the vicinity of the rear hatchback door especially if it’s open and carrying of a baseball bat to ward off and beat back these dangerous shelves from attacking their owners. Toyota technicians and their best scientists are currently working flat out to remove the dangerous materials which are causing these supposedly inert objects to become a danger to their much loved and much valued customers and will issue first aid kits in the interim to offset any harm or inconvenience caused.

• Haha 5

I had a Merc with weak tailgate struts, ouch. 

With the Corolla, and the boot floor being high, I ditched the cover as soon as we got it. I suppose one use is to stop luggage flying out of the boot. 

Walk around a supermarket car park and see how many small hatch have covers. 

• Like 1

I did exactly the same ,purchased some car door edge protector from e bay fitted a length both sides 😊😊

• Like 1

Lovely place to learn new vocabulary!

🤔

Parcel shelf, boot cover, useless embellishment, privacy safeguard...

Hopefully you're healing rapidly along family and friends!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steffemick said:

Picture  attached 

B464CF46-1C4A-407B-998F-D906EC5E998D.jpeg

Now that's a proper First Aid Kit!

• Like 2