Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Vibration inside left dashboard part

Strut

Hello, I bought the car when it was 6k miles, now i have 10k and when i drive it i can hear a vibration on the left side in the front, only when the engine is on or when i drive it, when the car is moving.

Anyone had this problem before? 

Thanks !

So, you have a 2018 car with 10k miles only? 

13 hours ago, Strut said:

Hello, I bought the car when it was 6k miles, now i have 10k and when i drive it i can hear a vibration on the left side in the front, only when the engine is on or when i drive it, when the car is moving.

Anyone had this problem before? 

Thanks !

Hello

I have acquired a second hand Auris  (2015) and I can hear a knocking noise coming from somewhere under the wheel column (left hand drive) when rolling on uneven surfaces (e.g gravel).
I intend to have it checked in a workshop.

BR
Andrei

You mentioned it's there when the engine is on, so also when idling?

All the pulleys, AC, and so on are on the other side of the engine. But if the car is not moving, can't be the wheels.

Try turning the AC, see if the noise goes away.

15 minutes ago, Szanto said:

Hello

I have acquired a second hand Auris  (2015) and I can hear a knocking noise coming from somewhere under the wheel column (left hand drive) when rolling on uneven surfaces (e.g gravel).
I intend to have it checked in a workshop.

BR
Andrei

Knocking on low speeds is a known problem on Auris. Does this happen while driving straight, or only when turning?

1 hour ago, furtula said:

You mentioned it's there when the engine is on, so also when idling?

All the pulleys, AC, and so on are on the other side of the engine. But if the car is not moving, can't be the wheels.

Try turning the AC, see if the noise goes away.

Knocking on low speeds is a known problem on Auris. Does this happen while driving straight, or only when turning?

Hi, I didn't try with the AC on, if the wheels it s stop and the motor is on i can hear the vibration. When the car is moving again the vibration is even it's still on Battery... It's not loud but still there. 

Thanks!

I meant to say to turn the AC off, it's summer, people have it on by default.

I have trouble understanding what you mean.

The vibration is there even when the car is on ACC? (not turned on, but key in ACC position).

Could be an engine or transmission mount.

With the engine off, try to push  the engine around with your hands, see if it moves.

I will try to do this and I will be back with the answer.

Thanks

Hi all, 

to get some help and more accurate suggestions best to record the knocking sounds , vibrations etc and share here. These cars can produce those kind of noises and in some cases maybe normal but in some an indication of other problems. Also please provide information about your cars, year, mileage, engine types etc. 

Regards 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links