Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Fuel tank capacity vs. amount needed to fill the tank

SheepishShaun

'Right to repair' legislation in the UK doesn't apply to cars as yet. For consumers, legislation in the UK currently covers dishwashers, washing machines, washer dryers, refrigeration appliances, televisions and electronic displays.

1 hour ago, TonyHSD said:

Tesla really is the Apple of the car world...”

Indeed 👍, best tech and best Evs no doubt about it. The best also comes at a price, and some of its price is exactly that., right to repair or the way of repair and maintenance. 

Yeah, like Apple they are very hostile to consumer modifications and repair; The simile is very accurate as like Apple, Tesla refuse to provide any parts or repair info to third party garages just like Apple don't with their products.

In comparison, Dell, Lenovo, HP et al all have channels for consumers and businesses to access parts and hardware repair manuals in the same way Ford, Toyota, VW etc. do in the car world.

It's why people like the Moggie and Rich have to get all the Tesla parts for their EV conversions and repairs from wrecked cars whereas every other car you can go to the manufacturer and pay them (often extortionate admittedly) for the part.

• Like 1

On 7/9/2022 at 11:18 PM, Big_D said:

I filled up this afternoon. Put in 25.88 litres, which gave me a true mpg of 62.89. Dash reading showed 61.4 mpg. I'm quite impressed really.

I'd go over the dash reading,  there's no 'true' reading for manual filling,  the vehicle injector metering system however,  certainly knows have much has passed the injectors.

Good close match though 👍

• Like 1

I totally agree. The figures are near enough the same for a rough idea of mpg. Even if you average them out, it's still good miles per gallon

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks everyone for the comments, especially those that stayed on the topic of fuel and tank capacity instead of wandering aimlessly around the EV Battery charging routines and scenarios 🙄

I ran the Corolla down to 11 indicated miles left, I was going to Derby and I had the intention of using Costco. £1.67 by the way.

Even with 11 miles left I only managed to fit 36.7 Litres in the car. That is a massive fuel reserve if the tank is 43 litres. 

3 minutes ago, Chuffmonkey said:

I ran the Corolla down to 11 indicated miles left, I was going to Derby and I had the intention of using Costco. £1.67 by the way.

Even with 11 miles left I only managed to fit 36.7 Litres in the car. That is a massive fuel reserve if the tank is 43 litres. 

FWIW my previous Peugeot 308 T9 had a 10 litre fuel reserve. 

53 litre tank capacity & you could only add 43 litres in to the tank once the low fuel warning light came on.

You had to add fuel quickly else every time you switched the ignition on you got nagged to put fuel in.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links