Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Horn Upgrade?

152bobby

I thought I'd get a quote for a horn upgrade.  With me supplying the horn, I've been quoted £320+vat 🥺.  With a price like that, I'm assuming they think the front bumper needs to come off  !! (Which I don't want).

I've looked at the horn location myself and unless I'm wrong, I reckon I can get to the horn from underneath by removing the undertray panel that connects to the front bumper!!!

I can't justify that cost, so if I want a horn upgrade, it's going to have to be a DIY job.😭

• 1 month later...

OK, I'm back with this 😀.

I now have a Original Toyota horn from a 2020 Rav4 and also the Hella dual horns, as previously mentioned.

I know that the single horn from the Rav4 will be a simple plug and play and I may just use this if its a improvement on the existing Beep Beep horn.

If I do use the Hella horns, will there be a issue of any kind, would I need a relay as well and if so what one ? I'm not pretending to know exactly what I'm talking about, so any help is much appreciated. 👌 

Ok, I emailed Hella Sales UK and was not expecting a reply !!

But they replied pretty smartish and they have confirmed that they are plug and play and no need for a relay.

So I think I'm good to go on this 🥺👍

• Like 1

Ok, I emailed Hella Sales UK and was not expecting a reply !!

But they replied pretty smartish and they have confirmed that they are plug and play and no need for a relay.

So I think I'm good to go on this 🥺👍

Ok, job done.  In the end I used the second hand Toyota RAV4 Hybrid horn.  It sounded fine for my purpose and far better than the Aygo X horn.  So I can get a refund on the Hella horns 👍.  Access was done by just pulling back the inner wheel arch liner, one screw to pop out the fog light, to be able to get hand and ratchet in to do the bolt for the horn bracket.

So I'm now happy 😊

• Like 2