Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Catalytic Converter

Leelanza

Ok, so the unfortunate happened and my catalytic converters was stolen from my drive (I know I needed to get it secured but finances wouldn’t permit at the time - how daft), my question is, does anyone know the best security? I’m going to get a Catloc fitted by Toyota, is this the best option? Does anyone know how secure they are? I know it doesn’t make it impossible to get to but I hear it’s better than nothing. Thank you 

Hi, 

yes better than nothing. You can also remove hybrid badges all around to mask the car and make it look like non hybrid model. Some non hybrid cars also got robbed but less likely. Those  thieves aren’t the smartest of a men, they are simply brainless and does what they had been told. If they see a hybrid emblem on an electric car they will probably lift it up and look for a cat 🫢

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

46 minutes ago, Leelanza said:

Ok, so the unfortunate happened and my catalytic converters was stolen from my drive (I know I needed to get it secured but finances wouldn’t permit at the time - how daft), my question is, does anyone know the best security? I’m going to get a Catloc fitted by Toyota, is this the best option? Does anyone know how secure they are? I know it doesn’t make it impossible to get to but I hear it’s better than nothing. Thank you 

Totally agree with Tony. My one was stolen in 2019 from our drive when I was watching TV in the front sitting room. After the car was repaired,  asked the dealer to fit a Catloc and a tilt alarm for me (total costs £300). Recently the thieves attempted my car again, this time they didn't touch the Cat and only left some minor damage to the driver side jack point. I think it's worth to fit a Catloc and a tilt alarm (costs extra £50). 

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, Davidhee58 said:

Totally agree with Tony. My one was stolen in 2019 from our drive when I was watching TV in the front sitting room. After the car was repaired,  asked the dealer to fit a Catloc and a tilt alarm for me (total costs £300). Recently the thieves attempted my car again, this time they didn't touch the Cat and only left some minor damage to the driver side jack point. I think it's worth to fit a Catloc and a tilt alarm (costs extra £50). 

Great, I was considering a tilt alarm also, how sensitive are they? 

There are cheaper alternatives to Catloc but you need to make your own mind up about the quality. I got a thick stainless plate called Cat Loc'd from eBay, though they seem to have disappeared since. I made sure stainless didn't come directly into contact with subframe by using fibre washers and body wax to avoid corrosion from dissimilar metals. Crowning glory was window stickers advertising that cat is secured. It's only going to slow thieves down though they'll get it if they really want it 😭

Here I have mine when fitted new back in February 2020 and now after 2 years and many miles traveled. It’s holding up fine,  no issues at all, no vibrations, no noises, no cat issues if someone is worrying about heat problems, and  thankfully no thefts, but that is likely because no one has stopped by yet 🤞. The cat plate was from the first available and it’s only 1.5mm thick stainless steel, no washer been installed, the plate mounts onto car frame that is coated with anti corrosion spray, no direct touch between bare metals. It only cost me £36 from eBay. I also used security wheel nuts from Peugeot, fit perfectly and add extra protection. 👌

411A36D2-C511-4D6F-871E-1A881DF7D545.jpeg

7745CFDA-4103-4F56-AC2B-92ECD0A03185.jpeg

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Leelanza said:

Great, I was considering a tilt alarm also, how sensitive are they? 

it's sensitive, when the car is lifted about 5-10cm, the tilt alarm will be activated. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links