Do Not Sell My Personal Information

T-Sport wing mirror part number?

Bhabbichuss

Does anyone happen to know the part number/somewhere to buy a replacement mirror and bracket?

Some lovely local residents decided to punch out my wing mirror smashing the bracket off. Electrics still work so would prefer to only replace the mirror and bracket if possible. ECP only sell entire units and others online seem to only fit french made ones which im unsure if compatible.

Thanks in advance.

You will only get the mirror glass or a complete unit

Driver or passenger side ?

pre- or post-facelift ?

What colour/paint code ?

24 minutes ago, flash22 said:

You will only get the mirror glass or a complete unit

Driver or passenger side ?

pre- or post-facelift ?

What colour/paint code ?

Passenger side, pre-facelift (ph1), Thunder grey (1D2 code?)

Was hoping to get something like this https://www.cardoormirrors.com/toyota/yaris/wing-mirror-glass-with-base/1999-to-2005/left-hand-uk-passenger-side/nonheated-base-convex-mirror

Attached some images of the damage too.

20220709_095204.jpg

20220709_095201.jpg

A closer look at the aftermarket mirrors, they seem to have the wrong mounting system circle of clips whereas yours has 5, 2 at the top, 2 at the bottom and one in the corner

pics for reference

https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/645667438

11 minutes ago, flash22 said:

ah you just need the glass with backing

OEM no. 87961-1E820 retail is £52 for genuine

aftermarket items from around £15

or a used mirror https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/265705405228

That's perfect! Thank you so much. 

8 minutes ago, flash22 said:

A closer look at the aftermarket mirrors, they seem to have the wrong mounting system circle of clips whereas yours has 5, 2 at the top, 2 at the bottom and one in the corner

Ah never mind, good thing I haven't ordered yet. 😅

• Haha 1

Is the mounting plate broken completely? You can also get self adhesive mirrors to stick in to it if it can be clicked back into place.

If you don't have any luck let me know; I think I still have a spare mirror for my old Mk1 D4D in my bro's house, which I think uses the same mount as the T-Sport as they're both made in japan.

I literally have no use for it now since my D4D got KHAAAAAN'd.

16 hours ago, corradovr6 said:

Is the mounting plate broken completely? You can also get self adhesive mirrors to stick in to it if it can be clicked back into place.

Yes unfortunately half the clips have been snapped off so won't click into place.

Sorry to hear that. I just hate it when people damage your property and don't even leave a note to say they'll cover costs or anything. Its easy to work out a good solution but people just dont see it that way. 

Just a thought though, is there any way that the broken plastic pieces could be stuck back with either plastic welding or a plastic-specific glue? I've repaired quite a few things with plastic welding and some metal mesh for reinforcement

2 hours ago, corradovr6 said:

Sorry to hear that. I just hate it when people damage your property and don't even leave a note to say they'll cover costs or anything. Its easy to work out a good solution but people just dont see it that way. 

Just a thought though, is there any way that the broken plastic pieces could be stuck back with either plastic welding or a plastic-specific glue? I've repaired quite a few things with plastic welding and some metal mesh for reinforcement

That's a good shout but I ended up just binning it all as it was littered with little shards of the smashed mirror. 

Also the damage was almost certainly deliberate as it was towards the pavement at the time. No clue what they did as the mirror assembly/casing was folded slightly inwards but the detached mounting seems to have been snapped off and left a few metres in the other direction.

I reckon feral beings climb out of the sewage system at night and vandalise cars.

No financial gain for them like there is for low life thieves selling stolen stuff for a fiver in a pub.

So no purpose, no brain either I suspect.

Hope you can get a good fix sorted for a reasonable cost, lots of empathy from another tsport owner.

No consolation for you I know, but just about every car I have ever owned has been damaged in some way by malicious damage or carelessness and stupidity by others.

I have considered a rat rod type of car at some points, covered with non setting anti vandal paint.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hi if Cyker has not sorted you problem.

Try a local scrap yard somtimes you hit on lucky.

Take a some tools with you as you may have to take it off the door but settle on the price first.

Not all use the internet for possible clients.

20 hours ago, Derek.w said:

Hi if Cyker has not sorted you problem.

Try a local scrap yard somtimes you hit on lucky.

Take a some tools with you as you may have to take it off the door but settle on the price first.

Not all use the internet for possible clients.

All Tsport's are built in Japan, and they use jap specific parts, it's rare you see a mk1 in a yard these days let alone Jap build cars, the only real way is to check the vin

Yeah, that's why I had to get them from the dealer (They were expensive too and had to be shipped from japan!)

I couldn't find a single one on eBay at the time!

T-Sports and D4D's are already very rare as you say, and their owners tend to take better care of them than so getting one from a scrap yard requires a lot of luck! (Good for you, bad for the previous owner :laugh: )

My first Yaris was built in Japan 1999 or Year 2000

Your mirror looks the same type.

They didn't start building in France until 2001 - Mk1 Tsport, Mk2 1.8 SR and the GR are a Jap built, then you have all the odd ball cars like Yaris/Vitz Turbo cars (TRD iirc) and the JDM RS modellista cars

• Like 1

All sorted now, plus a bonus pic. Thanks all!

20220716_124000-min.jpg

20220716_124430-min.jpg

On 7/10/2022 at 8:46 PM, Rhymes with Paris said:

I reckon feral beings climb out of the sewage system at night and vandalise cars.

Usually failed medical experiments.