Do Not Sell My Personal Information

join me on the backseat!

Rav Rob

Had a lot of travelling around yesterday with my wife and daughter. So just for a change wife was doing the outward trip and I decided to sit in the back for the first time.
Its lovely!! so much legroom!! seats not bad, arm rest, plugged in my tablet a past the time catching up on some videos. It was a hot day but rear vent was nice, the tints reduced the glare and my wife appreciated not having my helpful guidance.

My 'chauffeur' has a gentler foot than me too so we did comfortably over 50mpg (I tend to be nearer 47 but its self inflicted lol) 

Highly recommend it!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Are you going to offer to buy her a uniform and peaked hat for her birthday? 😇

• Haha 4

Well on the return leg, I got to drive the Friday rush hour traffic whilst the ladies slept!  So I think I earned a little treat.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Sadly the same isn't true for being a passenger in my Mk4...!  :eek: 

I still can't get over how much less rear space there is compared to the Mk2 when the car is a foot longer!

Did this on my MK4 and found alright. Just really missed the rear air vents from previous Kuga, but the space was real good.  The only thing is that was a very rare event that I do not take the driving seat (was not feeling well) as have absolutely no patience to watch her driving style.

Oh wait I should clarify I was talking about a Yaris Mk4 and not a RAV4... quite a big difference in rear space I would imagine!! :laugh: 

• Haha 2

Size isn't always everything, but RAV4 owners have an extra 25 inches to play with..

• Haha 3

Join me on the back seat says everything Rob 

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, ernieb said:

Are you going to offer to buy her a uniform and peaked hat for her birthday? 😇

Fnarr…

We have soft speed bumps near our house. I find I can drive over them without slowing, so I do, whether kids are in the back or not. But when I was in the back seat I realized how much the rear passengers were thrown upwards, as the seat is almost over the rear axle, rather than between the two axles like my usual place in the front. 

They never complained and are obviously used to it, so I haven’t changed 🙂 

I think they probably get a kick out of it! Weeee! :laugh: 

It was a bit of a catapult in my old cars too but I guess because there is now a honking great traction Battery in the back it acts as a damper when I go over humps!

If the weather gets any worse I may sleep in the back of the car plugged in on accessorise mode with AC on full. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

You could also plug in a small fridge into the 240v outlet to ensure your drinks are cool, as long as it’s below 150w.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

BEV owners are particularly suffering as they don’t have any ICE. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, ernieb said:

You could also plug in a small fridge into the 240v outlet to ensure your drinks are cool, as long as it’s below 150w.

Alright PHEV boys, getting borderline smug now...

When I had my Outlander PHEV, I never, ever reminded people, everyone I met,  how I have never scraped the ice on my car and how cosy it was in the morning with pre-heating, me? no never, no.. lol

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Dippy said:

BEV owners are particularly suffering as they don’t have any ICE. 

Agreed and we get 2.5ltr of it constantly available in the RAV.😇

• Like 1

On 7/13/2022 at 1:25 PM, R4VA_K said:

If the weather gets any worse I may sleep in the back of the car plugged in on accessorise mode with AC on full. 

Not up here in the NW. 17C during the day, cloudy, and was even raining the other morning. What heat wave?