Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

300,000 miles on my 2007 Prius

Dizzo

I bought it in 2010 when it was 2 and a bit years old and had covered 18,000 miles.
I use it for work so a fair proportion of its life is spent on the motorway.
To date it has averaged almost exactly 61mpg, accurate as I always fill up when refuelling. I find the MPG read-out is generally 2mpg optimistic.
Apart from maintenance/accident renewals, I have had to replace the following items: Radiator, twice (first one 30% clogged up with road debris, Toyota dealer replacement failed (leaking) 2 years later); Both rear brake calipers (seized); Both front foglights (disintegrated); Both rear coil springs (broken); NSF wheel bearing; Anti-roll bar bushes.
I got 180,000 miles out of the last front brake pads/discs, and 190,000 miles out of the last rear brake pads/discs, and for the latter it would have been longer had the caliper not seized.
Rust is starting to appear on the rear wheel arch edges and bubbles on the door sills nearest the rear wheel arches.
It's only let me down once when the 12v Battery expired without warning, after 8 years and 228,000 miles.
It passed its last MOT (March) with no work needed and no advisories.
No significant vices – the engine can be noisy when working hard, front discs prone to squealing. I have quietened the car road noise a little bit with some diy soundproofing. It's a bit of a wanderer on the motorways, my other cars almost steered themselves.
Oil top-ups between services vary between half and 1.5 litres.
Fingers crossed there's a lot of life in it yet!

• Like 2

Well done 👏 

Impressive results and achievements 👍

I have Auris hybrid from 2010 and I drive a bit too. Currently at 215000 miles with almost all original including the batteries, only one set of wheel bearings done at 140k miles and two sets of brakes because of rust. Last week discovered a broken rear spring, got the parts and I am fixing it next week. The car is good and similar mpg, summer 60+ , winter 50+. I hope I can take it close to your numbers 👌👍

That is serious milage Dizzo, brilliant.

Mind you, I would complain to your dealer about the rust appearing so soon.😄

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Dizzo said:

I bought it in 2010 when it was 2 and a bit years old and had covered 18,000 miles.
I use it for work so a fair proportion of its life is spent on the motorway.
To date it has averaged almost exactly 61mpg, accurate as I always fill up when refuelling. I find the MPG read-out is generally 2mpg optimistic.
Apart from maintenance/accident renewals, I have had to replace the following items: Radiator, twice (first one 30% clogged up with road debris, Toyota dealer replacement failed (leaking) 2 years later); Both rear brake calipers (seized); Both front foglights (disintegrated); Both rear coil springs (broken); NSF wheel bearing; Anti-roll bar bushes.
I got 180,000 miles out of the last front brake pads/discs, and 190,000 miles out of the last rear brake pads/discs, and for the latter it would have been longer had the caliper not seized.
Rust is starting to appear on the rear wheel arch edges and bubbles on the door sills nearest the rear wheel arches.
It's only let me down once when the 12v battery expired without warning, after 8 years and 228,000 miles.
It passed its last MOT (March) with no work needed and no advisories.
No significant vices – the engine can be noisy when working hard, front discs prone to squealing. I have quietened the car road noise a little bit with some diy soundproofing. It's a bit of a wanderer on the motorways, my other cars almost steered themselves.
Oil top-ups between services vary between half and 1.5 litres.
Fingers crossed there's a lot of life in it yet!

Hi Paul,

Thank you for posting this info. That’s very impressive. I have to admit I’ve generally changed my Prius simply to get the newer model or an upgraded version. I’m very tempted to buy an all electric car but my present Prius has only covered about 44,000 miles since buying it new six years ago, so I’m in no hurry especially after reading about the mileage you’ve covered & the comparatively few things you’ve had to replace to keep your car going.

My sister had an Auris with the same hybrid engine as the Prius. A few months ago she changed her car for another Auris  because she was panicking that the car had done 78,000 miles!

Trev

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links