Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Aygo X Centre Armrest

152bobby

Ok, took a punt on this on AliExpress.  Ordered it about a week ago with a expected delivery date of end of August, arrived today.

No joking for £30 ish, it's worth it.  Not top quality materials, but does the job and I swear, it looks like it came with the car.  I went for the one with no usb points and with red stitching, which believe it or not matches the stitching on the front seats. I wanted to keep it simple.  At the moment, it fits nice and tight in the rear cup holder and is supported by sitting on the gear stick housing and does not get in the way of the gear stick.  There are screws supplied to screw it into the bottom of the rear cup holder, but it's really not needed. ThPXL_20220709_154509536.thumb.jpg.aff86183ce8f19f6b7040f9a50f8de07.jpg I'm ordering another for when this one wears out.  See photos. The lid opens and has extra storage.

1657382459114485495710277997043.jpg

• Like 3

I thought you were getting door protection strips so I could see if this inclusion enhanced the X looks.

looks like the arm rest interferes with the hand brake.

Tel

I have taken delivery of the door protective mouldings, I just haven't fitted them yet .

The armrest lid actually slides in and out.  I have it at its normal position so that my left elbow rests on it and does not affect the gear stick.  If you slide it out to it's furthest setting, then yes it does get in the way of the gearstick.

That looks OEM. Do you have a link? I'm supposed to take delivery of my Juniper Blue Aygo X in september and I wonder if it comes with blue stitching.

US $36.26  51%OFF | For Toyota Aygo X armrest box For Toyota Aygo X car armrest box Internal modification USB charging Ashtray Car Accessories
https://a.aliexpress.com/_v1sp4k

Hand Brake , gear selector is too far away.

Weather is perfect for fitting your mouldings that I assume have templates to indicating placement?

Tel

You have to factor in things like, how long your arms are, how far the seat is back etc etc.  Like most things, one size will NOT fit all 

For me, it's fine. 

1 hour ago, Tel 2 said:

Templates ?

Tel

Yes, I have the exact proper Toyota templates and instructions that the Toyota guy would use, if I paid them to fit them.  But I am totally happy doing these myself.

Bobby,

Have you a link to the door moulding pictures & how much did they cost please ?

Terry

You can now get them from any Toyota Parts Dept and prices will differ a little.

I got mine from Parts King on this forum, I had to pay P&P, but as he was the only Toyota Parts Dept to bother to give me the time of day, I was happy to pay.

Cost was £82.36 including vat and shipping.  The Parts themselves should be about £58.68 plus vat.

As mentioned I have not fitted them yet. But found a stock photo on line.

image.jpg

• Like 1

Yep, that's what I have to help me install them.👍

Bobs.

Thank you

Let you know what my Dealer Charges,

Tel

Will be fitted this week by my Dealer.

£70 plus 30 minute Labour.

£120

Chuffed.

Tel

• Like 1

Please post Link to Parts King as I have failed to find the Site which is on this Forum.

Thanks in advance.

Terry

14 minutes ago, Tel 2 said:

Please post Link to Parts King as I have failed to find the Site which is on this Forum.

Thanks in advance.

Terry

Send a PM to @Parts-King

• 10 months later...

I've got one of these but I'm struggling to get it flush with the centre console, it's definitely an Aygo X one but it's like the cup holder isn't wide enough, how hard do I have to push down on it without fear of breaking something? Thanks.

I have a different one in my Aygo X.  Far better than the one I got from China.

PXL_20230205_151100063.jpg

9 hours ago, 152bobby said:

I have a different one in my Aygo X.  Far better than the one I got from China.

PXL_20230205_151100063.jpg

Is this the Armster one Bobby? And if so did you have to drill any holes to fit it?

Yes, it's from Armster., It's just neater, smaller and I like the little pouch that slips down the rear of it.

Yes, 4 screws to secure it and I must admit, very sturdy.  It still moves a little, but so does factory fitted arm rests.

The one I got from China served it's purpose , but that one just slipped into the cup holder and if you.leaned on it too much, it falls over.  If Armster did not produce one for the Aygo X, I would have kept the one from China, as it's better than no arm rest at all.

If anyone reading this thread, wants my old one from China for free, they can have it, as long as they pay me for the postage.

1 hour ago, 152bobby said:

Yes, it's from Armster., It's just neater, smaller and I like the little pouch that slips down the rear of it.

Yes, 4 screws to secure it and I must admit, very sturdy.  It still moves a little, but so does factory fitted arm rests.

The one I got from China served it's purpose , but that one just slipped into the cup holder and if you.leaned on it too much, it falls over.  If Armster did not produce one for the Aygo X, I would have kept the one from China, as it's better than no arm rest at all.

If anyone reading this thread, wants my old one from China for free, they can have it, as long as they pay me for the postage.

Certainly looks better than the Chinese ones, was it fiddly to drill as I'm about wary about messing with a new car, thanks.

The screws supplied are designed specifically for plastic.  Use a VERY small drill and just do a little pilot hole, the screw will do the rest.  There are two packs of screws supplied. Be sure to use the correct set for screwing to consul, the other packet is for the armrest.

Honestly, having no armrest at all, you'll not be disappointed 👍