Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fuel cap wont close

Eskiboy

Today i noticed my fuel cap was open slightly. I went to close it and it seems like there is a part missing that keeps the cap closed.

This little grey part is missing from my car. It doesn't look like its snapped off, it looks like its gone altogether. Only thing i have is the black rubber part that the grey bit comes out from.

petrol.png

5 minutes ago, Eskiboy said:

Today i noticed my fuel cap was open slightly. I went to close it and it seems like there is a part missing that keeps the cap closed.

This little grey part is missing from my car. It doesn't look like its snapped off, it looks like its gone altogether. Only thing i have is the black rubber part that the grey bit comes out from.

petrol.png

Hi , this is lock switch for your alarm and only dealer can source a new part therefore a visit to your nearest Toyota is your best option. Used one from a written off car is also considered. 
Regards 

On 7/9/2022 at 9:05 PM, TonyHSD said:

this is lock switch for your alarm

Tony - On my 2018 Auris the grey plunger (in the photo) is joined to a wire cable that is activated by the cap release lever by the driver seat.  Pulling on the lever pulls the plunger in - and the spring loaded filler flap pops open.  It was the same on my two previous Prius cars.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Wooster said:

Tony - On my 2018 Auris the grey plunger (in the photo) is joined to a wire cable that is activated by the cap release lever by the driver seat.  Pulling on the lever pulls the plunger in - and the spring loaded filler flap pops open.  It was the same on my two previous Prius cars.

Andrew, you are correct 👍

My bad, I thought it’s a courtesy switch like on the doors but actually this is lock and release the filler cap cover. 👌 Thanks for correcting me 😉

Still only a Toyota part. 

4 minutes ago, TonyHSD said:

lock and release the filler cap cover

In which case, the end of the cable (with the plunger) might have come loose / fallen off the filler cap recess.  Eskiboy might find it useful to remove the boot trim / lining nearest the filler cap and investigate.

• Like 1