Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2 Litre GR Sport Insurance

Chrisg99

Anyone know of any insurance company that does not want your splean, kidneys, liver and other body parts for car insurance.

Mine is due renewal on the 1st August with a renewal premium of £347.77 which I believe is not bad for Comp, age 69 with IAM pass. retired but with comute for when I do the odd days work. Protected non claims, Legal, personal injury etc. on a £200 total excess. I have done the usual trawl of sites on like for like basis and the best was through Money supermarket at £404.64 through the range to Admiral @ £892.62. There are others with four figure sums but I always think they do not really do insurance but that it is a front for something else.

That renewal price seems perfectly reasonable.

• Like 1

My insurance is due 29th July Gr Sport 2.0 and my renewal is £349 which I don't think is bad for the wife and myself. I also got a Quote NFU  of which includes basic breakdown cover for £350 I also tried Adrian Flux but the price was £365 with a £500 excess. I think we are going with NFU this year as there are no admissions changes if I decide to change anything.

• Like 1

My quotes are a lot higher than that...! (For a Yaris!!!)

• Sad 1

Seems expensive to me. Perhaps you live in a higher crime area than I do?

I'm the same age, with an IAM pass, protected NCD and my last premium was £240 via Confused.com. The only difference was that I do not need any commuting use and I have the Hybrid.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Leo63 said:

My insurance is due 29th July Gr Sport 2.0 and my renewal is £349 which I don't think is bad for the wife and myself. I also got a Quote NFU  of which includes basic breakdown cover for £350 I also tried Adrian Flux but the price was £365 with a £500 excess. I think we are going with NFU this year as there are no admissions changes if I decide to change anything.

Chris, NFU is one I have not tried. Thank you for the reminder.

Does the IAM reduce the insurance by any significant amount?

When I first passed I was going to do a PassPlus but found almost no insurer took it, and the ones that did had higher premiums to begin with...

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, O.W.L. said:

I'm the same age, with an IAM pass, protected NCD and my last premium was £240 via Confused.com. The only difference was that I do not need any commuting use and I have the Hybrid.

Tom, On Confused .com the best price I get is £444.38 with Darwin.

9 minutes ago, Cyker said:

Does the IAM reduce the insurance by any significant amount?

When I first passed I was going to do a PassPlus but found almost no insurer took it, and the ones that did had higher premiums to begin with...

I have generally found that IAM does reduce the premium. Again it depends on the rest of the quote and some insurers do not bother recognising it.

IAM do have Cornmarket insurance in Belfast and their quotes for a number of years have been the best. But like all insurances mine has gone up this year to the £347.77 from £274.99 for the 2019 2 litre Corolla Touring Sport.

29 minutes ago, O.W.L. said:

Unsure how Kent compares to the North-East.

Also from 1st January 2022, legislation came into force that meant car and home insurers are banned from quoting their existing customers a higher price for renewing their insurance than they'd pay if they were a new customer.

This has led to an increase in insurance premiums.

• Like 1

Claire, Just done a Saga quote comes up Cheapest £524.15 to £719.03 for best so do not think they will get my business.

LV - who will insure older drivers up to the age of 110.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

LV - who will insure older drivers up to the age of 110.

They quoted £611!

My insurance recently renewed & I ended up staying put & just paying the renewal.

Done all the online comparison sites plus the big companies that ain't on them, yes I could get a cheaper price but either the cover wasn't as good, had a higher excess or it was a company I had never heard of.

You could always try a quote of Toyota insurance if you wanna laugh - they wouldn't even provide me with a quote 🤣

Mid 40s male, license 25+ years, no claims discount 20+ years, no outstanding claims or convictions, less then 8k miles per year social domestic pleasure & commuting - vehicle kept overnight in locked garage = far to much of a risk. 

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Chrisg99 said:

Chris, NFU is one I have not tried. Thank you for the reminder.

NFU now quoted £452.95. Only item better than my renewal is 24 months cover for car replacement instead of what appears to be the norm of 12 months.

Mine's up at £740 a year. I do around 15000 miles per year and am insured fully comprehensive for business use. I've been driving (legally) for close on 42 years with 6 years NCB, and no convictions

• Like 1

Hi.

Please feel free to give us a try for insurance if you wish.

Regards,

Dan.

3 minutes ago, DAN@ADRIAN FLUX said:

Hi.

Please feel free to give us a try for insurance if you wish.

Regards,

Dan.

Already have done. First attempt £669.18 then suddenly dropped to £365 but looks a very bare bones policy.

12 hours ago, Chrisg99 said:

Already have done. First attempt £669.18 then suddenly dropped to £365 but looks a very bare bones policy.

Try Dial Direct, they gave me a very good quote on my UK registered 2.4 C70, and I have a couple of years on you

1 hour ago, GBgraham said:

Try Dial Direct, they gave me a very good quote on my UK registered 2.4 C70, and I have a couple of years on you

Thank you Graham, but still nowhere near renewal @ £494.08.

There maybe some light at the end of the tunnel Vitality have quoted £333.05 like for like for my renewal. You can earn upto 25% of the base premium cashback over the year which for my policy £69.52 Having just spoken to them for a little more clarity of how this cashback is earned the bar appears not to be set to high. Speeding, Harsh braking etc. are all taken into account but you also get credited for car free days, so providing I drive normally (as an IAM driver should!) even getting some cashback could easily make it under £300 per year. May just give it a go for at least one year, nothing to loose. They check out and do not think they will disapear overnight.

I looked at Dail Direct insurance they gave me a good price but I was put off  by the poor reviews. I never always go on price 

2 hours ago, Leo63 said:

I looked at Dail Direct insurance they gave me a good price but I was put off  by the poor reviews. I never always go on price 

Dial quoted £494.08. and similar the reviews were not so good. Vitality appear to have good review, but a bit of a wrench to move from IAM after 13 consecutive years but neve needed thier services just keep giving them money.