Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Window Wobble? Is this right?

Tech429

As the title suggests.

Now I know my car is a Company Car but even so when you wind the windows down (front) about half way if you grab hold of the window you can move it excessively from side to side.  Surely a flaw?  Anyone else have this?  This to me is far beyond the reasonable movement for the glass in the runners.  Hasten to add they do not rattle at all when driving either closed or open.

All my previous cars (both private and company) have never had movement in the window glass like this.

All my Toyota and other Japanese makes have that thing, I don’t know if it’s a flow but I know it’s pretty normal for these cars. As long as the windows operate normally I don’t really mind that. 

• Like 2

On 7/10/2022 at 1:38 PM, TonyHSD said:

All my Toyota and other Japanese makes have that thing, I don’t know if it’s a flow but I know it’s pretty normal for these cars. As long as the windows operate normally I don’t really mind that. 

Downside is the passenger one rattles and vibrates when opening... worried it will break in the open position.

Problem now is the lease company do not endorse my local Toyota Dealership as an approved garage... but one an hour away!

But as it should be under warranty they said go down to the dealership under warranty - but they tell me they do not know if it is under warranty (albeit only 3 months old) until they strip the door cards off and expose the windows.  If they deem it not under warranty i'll have to pay for the work.

Scandalous to the extreme on a 3-month old new car!

• 3 weeks later...

I must be really lucky, as none of my windows rattle at all, up, down, half way, you name it.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Update:

The Passenger window has now stopped the juddering when opening/closing... might just be the hot weather.

Will stick with it for now and if it happens again will mention it on the first 10k service due in about 3 months' time. 

On 8/3/2022 at 8:40 AM, Notfer said:

I must be really lucky, as none of my windows rattle at all, up, down, half way, you name it.

I must also be another of those lucky ones because none of mine rattle either.

Nor mine. Perfectly solid and even clean condensation when wound down.