Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Design VVT-I on a 67 plate - Bubbling lower door sills

Kevy Boy289

Hi all,

I have recently bought a Yaris Design VVT-I on a 67 plate, it is just under 5 years old and only has 16,500 on the clock. it was  registered on 1/9/22. am I , the second own covered by the 5 year warranty? As i have just noticed that there is  paint Bubbling on the lower door sills and am worried that this could indicate a bigger issue.  Have you heard of this issue before?

All help and advise would be greatly welcomed.

Kind Regards

Kev

30 minutes ago, Kevy Boy289 said:

it was registered on 1/9/22.

A 67 reg car would have been first registered between 1st Sept 2017 and 28th February 2018. Not on 1/9/22.

If it was originally supplied by Toyota GB, and not declared as a write off by an insurer, on the face of it, it may still be within the 5 year/100,000 mile new car warranty. 

However, if the area of possible corrosion has been subject to some sort of previous repair, it could be the repair is faulty.

Needs to be inspected by a Toyota dealer.

Many thanks Frostyballs, you're a top man. 

Yes my typo, 1/9/2017, so just under 5 years old.  It does not appear to have been repaired before and it is on both sills. I will take it to the local main dealer as suggested.

Thanks Kev

Just to note that it could be the anti chip coating on the sills, which does have an uneven/bubbling appearance. Eg:

71522454_455115031785300_7835277721054740480_n.jpg.2ff699e2003057e756a460cbfba92759.jpg?utm_source=ToyotaOwnersClub&utm_medium=ForumLinks

Many thanks Frostyballs, you're a top man. 

Yes my typo, 1/9/2017, so just under 5 years old.  It does not appear to have been repaired before and it is on both sills. I will take it to the local main dealer as suggested.

Thanks Kev

FrostyBalls,

You are a font of all knowledge , this is the same as mine except for the colour . I have never seen this system on any of the cars i have owned in the past. But i have never owned a Toyota before. I am so very pleased that I joined the owner club and that you are such a friendly and knowledgeable group. I will be sure  to spread the word. I can sleep soundly tonight now.

Thanks again Kev

Hi Kevin. Yes, it looks like an anti-chip coating

Moved to the Yaris forum.

Mine looks like that and I've got a 2016, 27k miles and thought nothing of it really

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links