Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sun lotion stain on front passenger seat

geoffus

I think I have a sun lotion (factor 50) stain on front passenger seat, My dealer said not covered under warrenty, any body now how to remove stain please? Car only three months old 🤕

Wouldn't be covered under warranty as it isn't a manufacturing defect. If you do an internet search, there are various methods including using baking soda, cornstarch, white vinegar, etc.  Otherwise you could consult a car valeter.

• Like 2

It was a while before I noticed it so dried in, so I might try a car valeter. Thank you

• Like 1

I can't comment on Groom but I managed to really mess up the beige seats on a car with a green waterproofing finish off a special groundsheet.  Foam and a scrubbing brush did the trick. 

It usually says don't over wet.  Don't worry, it's already been over wetted.  Allow to dry between applications, vacuum, rinse and repeat. 

If you have to use the seat before it's properly dry use a clean white towel. 

Maybe worth a try

Autoglym Interior shampoo, spray it on, let it soak, use a brush then rub over a damp cloth this stuff works wonders on oil, grease and ground in chocolate (not my car btw)

I've used Vanish mousse carpet cleaner on a real grubby seat (not mine, doing a neighbour a favour) and the seats came up like new.

One word of caution whatever you use, if you can, test a small inconspicuous area first just in cae of colour run etc.

Good luck.