Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Newbie here

Veevee

Hi , I have bought myself a Toyota avensis TDI 1.8. love the car it's a dream to drive  .the only down side is the satnav . I don't have the DVD ROM for it to work. I press nav and it says to close DVD drawer. Also I'm looking for the head unit  touchscreen with the air vents at the bottom. I saw one going for £99.  Can any one share their thoughts please  the   sat nav unit I have is the radio CD one. 

welcome Veronica

• Like 1

Hi Veronica. Welcome. I'm sure someone will be able to help.

Hello Veronica - welcome to Toyota Owners Club.

Moved to the Avensis forum.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I had bought the updated maps from around 2019, which I think was the latest available for mine at the time. Still out of date, though. About twenty quid on eBay. The head unit wouldn't read the disc, though. Either ignore the outdated satnav and use your phone, or maybe get a replacement headunit. I wouldn't bother with the original Toyota ones, if replacing.

On 7/11/2022 at 3:38 PM, Veevee said:

Hi , I have bought myself a Toyota avensis TDI 1.8. love the car it's a dream to drive  .the only down side is the satnav . I don't have the DVD ROM for it to work. I press nav and it says to close DVD drawer. Also I'm looking for the head unit  touchscreen with the air vents at the bottom. I saw one going for £99.  Can any one share their thoughts please  the   sat nav unit I have is the radio CD one. 

welcome to toyota tbh i have a 2014 one with maps and well tbh just to much bother the maps i just use google maps its handy, accurate and fast .i never bother using my in car maps only use it for thr dab+ radio and my sd card music 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links