Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mystery with MyT app.

Dark Matter

I have a real Mystery that I can't work out.

I did quite a long trip yesterday with my Android phone in the car but phone was  SWITCHED OFF. Not even plugged in to USB . Just sat in cup holder.

When I look at  MyT app all the details of the trip,  map , times,  average speed , braking etc are there.

How is this possible ?

Maybe I'm going nuts... I'll give it another try to be sure. 

Any thoughts?

The car has its own telematics system built-in, it doesn't use your phone.

• Like 2

The car has excellent spyware installed.

Big T is watching you !

You can of course opt out of Connected Services in the MyT app.

My goodness you are correct  . The whole system is totally independent of the phone. I don't know if I'm impressed or scared by the technology 🤔 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, martswain said:

The car has excellent spyware installed.

Big T is watching you !

You can of course opt out of Connected Services in the MyT app.

🤣

The eCall system know where you are all the time, in case of an accident.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Dark Matter said:

My goodness you are correct  . The whole system is totally independent of the phone. I don't know if I'm impressed or scared by the technology 🤔 

You will be even more impressed if you ever need to press the SOS button or deploy an airbag due to impact.

Yes, it's pretty impressive.  As long as the owner/user knows that this does all of this WITHOUT your phone.

Turning it off does not effect anything in the actual car that you would notice.

Personally, I don't mind and have it turned on, it's a bit of a gimmick to be honest.  However, in this hot weather, it's nice to turn the air con on in my car via my phone and it being nice and cool inside when I get to it.

@forkingaboutplease don't confuse the issue, now you'll have encouraged Aygo owners to look for a button that does not actually exist on theirs cars.

I think it was only introduced for the Aygo X.

As an aside I was setting up Emergency Notification for my 2021 Aygo the other day and it gave 3 levels of crash intensity to trigger an SMS to a user defined emergency contact.

1 hour ago, martswain said:

@forkingaboutplease don't confuse the issue, now you'll have encouraged Aygo owners to look for a button that does not actually exist on theirs cars.

I think it was only introduced for the Aygo X.

As an aside I was setting up Emergency Notification for my 2021 Aygo the other day and it gave 3 levels of crash intensity to trigger an SMS to a user defined emergency contact.

Correct, there's no SOS button on the Aygo, only on the Aygo X.

I've set the crash intensity to the highest level, on the 2 lower levels it would trigger on some potholes so it kept crying "Wolf!".

21 hours ago, Dark Matter said:

Sadly this is the way of the world, the phone is almost certainly being tracked, then there are the insurance firms that want black boxes fitted in return for lower premiums, not to mention the third party alarms with trackers, independent trackers and Wi-Fi connented dash cams.