Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Warning beeps but no warning light

Webskater

I have a 2017 Yaris Hybrid with parking sensors which have always beeped too much. But this is a different beep. When I get in the car and press the power button there is (as of today) a long loud beep, then a gap of a second or two and a single beep, another gap and two beeps, another gap and three beeps, another gap and four beeps. Then it shuts up. I drive off and when I slow down and the speed reads 8mph, it does the whole thing again. One loud, long beep, a gap, one beep, gap, two beeps etc. up to 4 beeps. If, having slowed down to 8 mph and the beeps have started, I accelerate - as soon as I am going faster than 8 mph, the racket stops. There are no warning lights. When I say ‘beep’ - it is not the horn. It is a loud warning sound but not the same as the much quieter warning you get if you have I seat belt on or a door is not closed properly. They generate a quiet, whistley sort of sound. The beep I am describing is a loud, harsh warning sound. Anybody know what could be causing this? I can’t find anything in the manual. 

When's the last time you change the Battery in the fob (CR2032) it's moaning as it can't find the key (smart entry and keyless go)

Could it be the seatbelt warning?

1 hour ago, flash22 said:

When's the last time you change the battery in the fob (CR2032) it's moaning as it can't find the key (smart entry and keyless go)

I've had the car a year - and never changed the Battery in the fob. But it is making all these beeps with both keys.

1 hour ago, Cyker said:

Could it be the seatbelt warning?

No, I've tried driving it with no seatbelt on. It's a much softer beep that just repeats. The thing I am getting is one loud, long beep, a gap, one shorter beep, a gap, two shorter beeps, a gap, three shorter beeps, a gap then four beeps to finish. The whole thing takes probably 10 seconds before it shuts up. And it does it every time I slow down for any reason - and it always pitches in at 8 mph.

1 hour ago, flash22 said:

Thanks for the link. It is none of those errors. It beeps once for a couple of seconds, then a gap of a count of two, then a short beep, then a gap of a count of two, then two short beeps, then the gap, then three beeps, the gap, then four beeps. It does this when I first get in the car and press the Power button and then every time I slow down and hit 8 mph - it does it again.

Strange one indeed.

Wonder if it’s trying to learn Morse Code🤔.

Sorry I couldn’t resist 😁

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Cyker said:

Ack not good news I'm afraid - It may be your parking sensors have failed and need replacing!

Found someone reporting an identical set of symptoms:

https://www.chrforums.uk/threads/series-of-beeps.2542/

Looks like you’ve solved it Cyker 👏

• Like 1