Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Car Location / Trip Logging

Tango T5

My Car was showing me it's location every time it was stopped. And would show me every trip in the Hybrid Coaching section for the 1st fortnight of ownership.

I recently took it to a guy to have a ceramic coating put on. Since I've had it back, it sometimes records journey and sometimes doesn't. It also states the location is maybe 2 locations ago.

Any ideas ???

Hi, same issue here, seems that the location synchronization does not work all the time. I do not think that is related to any ceramic coating. The issue is more possible to be a networking issue.. 

2 minutes ago, lebdim said:

Hi, same issue here, seems that the location synchronization does not work all the time. I do not think that is related to any ceramic coating. The issue is more possible to be a networking issue.. 

Wasn't really thinking it was the coating as such. Just wondered if he'd pressed anything by accident.

Same issue in MY22 Corolla yet on my 69 reg was great and never an issue 

4 minutes ago, Chriss27 said:

Same issue in MY22 Corolla yet on my 69 reg was great and never an issue 

Just find it strange that it worked flawlessly for a fortnight.

I have noticed mine seems to drop out at weekends and resumes again afterwards somtimes it forces me to resign back in without a error showing but then it updates the data.

On other accasions some data is lost like one day after three stops starts when I switch off and lock the car only one trip was recorded by MyT and it was the center trip also the shortest trip.

Since then its worked ok so I put it down to work been carried out on the MyT system.

Its also a rout I use often so I know it not down to a lost signal.

One day I left the house without my phone just a short journey & MyT still recorded it when I downloaded the information next day. 

• Like 1

The system worked perfectly for me until a couple of months ago then it started missing some journeys.  Yesterday it failed to record my journey home yet it was able to tell me that the car was parked outside my house.  When I am at home it always shows my car at number 36 when it is actually at number 19,  however I wouldn't quibble about a few yards. 

• Like 1

One aspect of missing journeys is that the statistics on MyT are not accurate eg. mpg, average EV time etc.  I have started to use an app called Road Trip lite to plot an accurate measurement of mpg as it records actual fuel in against miles covered.

• Like 1

I haven't had any journeys tracked on my Aygo for over three months now, I need to look for a more reliable solution.

• Like 1

My tracking has been pretty good, fine Monday and today.  Tuesday accurately reported location but omitted the journey. 

This intermittent drop out changes a potentially useful tool to a hobby gimmick.  I report each failure via the App. 

• Like 1

Mines currently reporting its still parked in Morrisons car park from Monday evening.

Its completely ignored I went to work in the vehicle yesterday & that its currently parked in my garage. 

FWIW the tracking portion of the My T app is at least as reliable as the My Peugeot app from my previous vehicle - useless. 

Update - Just went in to the app to refresh the car status & its now showing the current correct location. 

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Tango T5 said:

Just find it strange that it worked flawlessly for a fortnight.

Similar here, 19 reg Corolla no issues the new system in the MY22 C-HR keeps missing journies. Is it the new infotainment system.

25 minutes ago, Chrisg99 said:

Similar here, 19 reg Corolla no issues the new system in the MY22 C-HR keeps missing journies. Is it the new infotainment system.

No, more likely their server though Toyota's first excuse is the car is in a blind spot, this seems illogical if its location is correct. 

They have already confirmed a 2,000 point data buffer in the DCM. I suppose the route record might need to be uploaded within a certain period before being purged in the DCM. 

• Confused 1

My OH took her daughter to work this morning, tracked the journey. Pickled her up this afternoon, same route but no tracking. 

Although it shows the car vehicle in motion in the Find My Car box, and also shows mileage/fuel used difference.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Roy124 said:

No, more likely their server though Toyota's first excuse is the car is in a blind spot, this seems illogical if its location is correct. 

They have already confirmed a 2,000 point data buffer in the DCM. I suppose the route record might need to be uploaded within a certain period before being purged in the DCM. 

Surely cannot be a blind spot as I go to the same places as I did in the Corolla!

My old Corolla great, new chr its hit and miss. Also it constantly shows the log in screen even after you have logged in. Fed up with looking at that on screen all the time. 

• Like 1

Roger, Just recently over the past week or so it has always logged into my account instead of the guest account. Fingers crossed. I have done nothing but just currently appears to do what it is supposed to do!

• Like 1

MyT app biggest complaint, I have to sign back into the app when its not working the app itself wont inform you to sign back in most times and this fixes it unless it clashing with a other program.

If you use somethink like find my keys then it stops working until you return to the correct part of maps.

MyT Milage wont always update on a short trip to the shops less than 5 miles round trip but its recorded the trip.

Accurqcy of mpg in app its about the same as reported by the car dash display.

Not reporting exactly where you parked I put that down to a safety issue in case the data falls into criminals hands.

So your door number is not known to them.

I've stopped bothering with MyT, it's so spasmodic and inaccurate. The day I needed it to locate the cars position in the airport car park it wouldn't load above 60% on my smartphone,  hence I was walking around like a headless chicken😉  

On 7/13/2022 at 1:48 PM, Roy124 said:

My tracking has been pretty good, fine Monday and today.  Tuesday accurately reported location but omitted the journey. 

This intermittent drop out changes a potentially useful tool to a hobby gimmick.  I report each failure via the App. 

I used the App feedback, no comment but the Tuesday data appeared today but unlike other trips this one just gave the date rather than the destination by name.  The actual detail and coaching was as normal. 

I suspect that the missing data is actually stored at the Server but it has not been sent back to the car.  In otherwords the problem might be the uploading to the car.