Do Not Sell My Personal Information

IQ mirrors

- A - Go -

Hi all, some driver drove passed and managed to break my friends drivers side wing mirror, its auto folding and still does fold but cracked!

My question is what other wing mirror is the same? If he were to take apart and transfer the mirror housing? I was told the Prius has similar mirror wing housing! Just to clarify his mirror isnt bolted to the door its a corner mirror.

Thanks in advance!

J

You can purchase a new mirror that just stick ontop of the old mirror from 3 party parts suppliers.

• Like 1

Hi Jimi. If you're looking to replace the mirror with a similar part, for example a Prius mirror, why not just get a replacement IQ mirror - or am I missing something here?

Is it just the mirror that's cracked or the housing ?

If it's auto folding it will be heated as well, a stick on mirror is just a bodge job

the Jap prius mirror covers fit but the actual body and mount is different

Hi, sorry should have been more clearer, ok the housing is cracked the main Shell, now he got quotes for new mirrors but way to expensive and someone said the prius housing may fit as the housing covers are shared between prius and IQ, and mentioned the that its held down with a spring and bolt the you can swap over the housing onto the mirror holder etc. 

Cheers.

J

3 hours ago, - A - Go - said:

Hi, sorry should have been more clearer, ok the housing is cracked the main shell, now he got quotes for new mirrors but way to expensive and someone said the prius housing may fit as the housing covers are shared between prius and IQ, and mentioned the that its held down with a spring and bolt the you can swap over the housing onto the mirror holder etc. 

Cheers.

J

It's not bolted together on the IQ you are more than likely break it, getting it apart

what year is it ?

Hi all ! the IQ is 2010, its an autofold mirror and cant use any glue to stick back etc, the mirror does fold back making a clicking noise and under inspection the base plate the housing s bolted to the door is ok not cracked! Its the housing itself you can see a small crack! Must had been some serious mirror impact! The mirror housing itself can be detached the same way it was put together getting hold of an IQ autofold mirrors are expensive its why someone mentioned that the prius autofold mirror housing is the same as the IQ and can be taken apart and swapped over but i have not seen this to confirm. Its why me mate was asking me to find out if its true and this he will get a prius wing mirror and sawp over the housing and retaining the original mirror base etc.

Cheers

J

It depends do you want to chance it not fitting a Prius part, can you glue it back together and reinforce the craked area say with a curved peice of plast inside for added suport.

Plastic cut from a pipe springs to mind.

Do this first if sussesful then look for a glass.

Have mirrors set to open position when working on them as somtimes when closed mirrors stop working all togrther and you have to teach them by completing a close open operation via the drivers switch or on screen menu.

All car mfg mirrors are expensive just keep it working if you can and keep looking for a second hand one then it may need painting.

You may also have a dammaged gear ie stripped tooth if so its not reperable.

As far as I know a mirror unable to fold in is not a mot failure but you must be able to adjust the angle of the mirror as this is a mot failure point.

There are multiple parts available separately so perhaps a complete unit is not required?

image.thumb.png.9aa9edf71017a4596468c435d42ccd7a.png

And none of the parts share with Prius or any other model they are IQ specific, a quick check also shows plenty of pattern parts out there from reliable sources such as Euro car parts etc

16 hours ago, Devon Aygo said:

There are multiple parts available separately so perhaps a complete unit is not required?

image.thumb.png.9aa9edf71017a4596468c435d42ccd7a.png

And none of the parts share with Prius or any other model they are IQ specific, a quick check also shows plenty of pattern parts out there from reliable sources such as Euro car parts etc

Hiya mate, thats interesting, thanks for this!! Ill pass this info to me mate and let him get it sorted, if its gonna cost him alot then be it!!

Also may i ask this picture of the mirror in breakdown form, is it an online parts catalogue? If so any links to it please!

One other thing as i have a MK1 Aygo i saw a long while back that someone in germany actually fitted a set of IQ folding mirrors to their MK1 Aygo but they had to dismantle it and carries iut some mods, dont know if you onow anything about this etc.?

Cheers!

J

It is only the rear covers that are the same as the prius - Rh mirror electric, heated and retractable 87910-74020

just buy a used mirror, what are around £100 or get a cheaper mirror and swap the guts over

as per your other thread Iq - Aygo mirrors there is no plug and pray solution - you can ask the same question in many ways, but you will get the same response