Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Avensis T27 Keyless system, can you disable the key

Inpresmoj

For secruity and to save the Battery i've tried to turn off the keyless entry on my 2 key fobs by looking at youtube videos but its not worked trying the Hold down lock button and press open twice, red light blinks 2x2 seems to be the way it should work.  So either im not doing it right or my system is different, there is nothing in the manual that came with the car.

I was thinking of buying one of those pouches for the secruity side, but putting the keyless to sleep would save the Battery so i thought i would give it a go.

Anyone know if i can do this on an Avensis T27 2010

2 hours ago, Inpresmoj said:

For secruity and to save the battery i've tried to turn off the keyless entry on my 2 key fobs by looking at youtube videos but its not worked trying the Hold down lock button and press open twice, red light blinks 2x2 seems to be the way it should work.  So either im not doing it right or my system is different, there is nothing in the manual that came with the car.

I was thinking of buying one of those pouches for the secruity side, but putting the keyless to sleep would save the battery so i thought i would give it a go.

Anyone know if i can do this on an Avensis T27 2010

do u mean push button key fob or is it one of those key that when you come up close and it opens the door and can start the car as i have a 2014 avensis and the only one came with my car is the push button remote key fob and key .if u just want to do away with the push button unlock can you just take the Battery out and use the key to open the door .

On 7/13/2022 at 11:51 PM, 2009joe said:

do u mean push button key fob or is it one of those key that when you come up close and it opens the door and can start the car as i have a 2014 avensis and the only one came with my car is the push button remote key fob and key .if u just want to do away with the push button unlock can you just take the battery out and use the key to open the door .

yes when you approach the car you can just open the door without getting key out and its a push button start.  With the spare key i do have the option of just taking the Battery out, but with the key i use day to day i wanted to turn off the keyless.  There is a way of doing it on some keys as there are loads of videos on youtube about it, but it dosnt work on mine, so maybe mine is too old.

8 hours ago, Inpresmoj said:

yes when you approach the car you can just open the door without getting key out and its a push button start.  With the spare key i do have the option of just taking the battery out, but with the key i use day to day i wanted to turn off the keyless.  There is a way of doing it on some keys as there are loads of videos on youtube about it, but it dosnt work on mine, so maybe mine is too old.

is it possible threw toyota techstream software 

I have that feature on my Yaris but cannot be bothered to use it as all keys are used at least once a week.

We keep ours in radio blocking poutches but to be honest keys are 3 meters away from window

& doors so a villan with a laptop amplifilifying device shoud not be able to pick up the signal anyway.

Do Not remove Battery as some keys need reprograming if Battery is removed for more than just the few seconds it takes to fit a replacment Battery.

• Like 2

Your Battery will last you for many years.

When you notice a drop in range ie you have to take key out of pocket & hold it against handle then its time to change the Battery.

Always have your new Battery out of the packet first just ready to slide in when changing over as some keys need reprogrammed if battery is out for to long.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/16/2022 at 6:57 PM, Derek.w said:

I hope this helps.   IMG_0325.thumb.JPEG.2d30a1efbbc92b406c2deb2df724e43d.JPEG

thats great Derek.w thanks, that page and Battery saving function i cannot see anywhere in my manual and ive had a very good look, so it might not be supported by my particular keys.  Im away for a while at the moment but when im back i'i give it another try.  If it dosnt work then I'i just get one of those blocking poaches for security as that was the main thing