Do Not Sell My Personal Information

my new car

fourbanks

As some of you guys know, i purchased a new corolla GR sport and with much regret have had issues that the dealer has not been able to rectify. i did try out the C-HR and although it drove well the instrument cluster was well under par I felt 

i am picking up my new Lexus ux premium edition next week because someone cancelled, and I am picking up theirs. The drive was excellent and at £35'000 not bad considering the car comes complete with bonnet matt and engine cover and in general a very sturdy heavy car with the doors and bonnet closing with a very gentle push. Comes with a sunroof and run flat tyres. Oh, well, let's see how this turns out? The colour is a bit unusual but well painted Terrane Khaki - metallic

• Like 4

2 hours ago, fourbanks said:

As some of you guys know, i purchased a new corolla GR sport and with much regret have had issues that the dealer has not been able to rectify. i did try out the C-HR and although it drove well the instrument cluster was well under par I felt 

i am picking up my new Lexus ux premium edition next week because someone cancelled, and I am picking up theirs. The drive was excellent and at £35'000 not bad considering the car comes complete with bonnet matt and engine cover and in general a very sturdy heavy car with the doors and bonnet closing with a very gentle push. Comes with a sunroof and run flat tyres. Oh, well, let's see how this turns out? The colour is a bit unusual but well painted Terrane Khaki - metallic

Well done 👍 

You are lucky to have this colour is stunning and looks amazing I. Daylight or in the night. If it’s comes with dark brown leather seats it will be an excellent match. Good choice. Enjoy it. 

• Like 1

Thanks guys, you've all been incredible in having to deal with an old man stuck in his ways. i'll stick around for sure 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, TonyHSD said:

Well done 👍 

You are lucky to have this colour is stunning and looks amazing I. Daylight or in the night. If it’s comes with dark brown leather seats it will be an excellent match. Good choice. Enjoy it. 

Hi Tony, it's in cream leather 

• Like 2

Congratulations! Sounds wonderful, having been interested in one myself. Light or dark headlining?

35 grand ?

What's it made of , platinum with diamond headlights ?

😄

7 minutes ago, Rhymes with Paris said:

35 grand ?

What's it made of , platinum with diamond headlights ?

😄

Corolla not far behind with £33k 👍

Cor blimey,as some say.

I am behind the times TonyHSD , I have only ever bought one new car in 1989 that AX I sometimes mention,£6250 IIRC.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 50p said:

Congratulations! Sounds wonderful, having been interested in one myself. Light or dark headlining?

Dark. i guess to contrast with the cream seats? 

Hmm, when i was looking the lighter colour, cream / ivory normally came with a light headlining .. but not always, hence the question.

If I paid any more, I would be up into the NK range. As i said above, this was a custom cancelled order with sunroof and fine leather and although the infotainment system is poor of which i only use the radio the overall space was very relaxing 

• Like 3

So you've gone from a HB to a SUV?

8 hours ago, Arita said:

So you've gone from a HB to a SUV?

Yes, ari back to the style of my previous Mazda cx3 

• Like 1

I should add it would have been nice for Toyota to have found the fault with my corolla, but as so often the case today in the UK none skilled enough to be able to find out the answer. And if any of you ever get to speak with head office god forbid you'll understand why 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Toyota customer services were convinced the Corolla Design had full cloth seats when I queried and said the website was wrong and needed to be changed. Surprise surprise mine came with the expected half synthetic leather. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, fourbanks said:

If I paid any more, I would be up into the NK range. As i said above, this was a custom cancelled order with sunroof and fine leather and although the infotainment system is poor of which i only use the radio the overall space was very relaxing 

So we can expect to hear more about the infotainment system then.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, RabButler said:

So we can expect to hear more about the infotainment system then.

i don't think so rab i only use the radio, the style of it is perfect very minimal out of all cars which i prefer. It beeps well for speed etc and i like that 

1 hour ago, fourbanks said:

i don't think so rab i only use the radio, the style of it is perfect very minimal out of all cars which i prefer. It beeps well for speed etc and i like that 

Is your one with the new touch screen or gave you got joypad control only?

21 minutes ago, Kental said:

Is your one with the new touch screen or gave you got joypad control only?

it's the 22 model with the joypad. As the lead time is now 6 plus months for back orders, they will come with a touch screen 

• Like 1

Hi guys. i chose Lexus as the dealership is way superior to any other in my area Mercedes/Audi/ Range Rover BMW etc and hope that continues. The car itself so far is spot on, despite the infotainment system being the weakest link. It has Dunlop run flat tyres from Japan and has a sunroof and cream leather seating. All the things that caused me concern in the corolla like bonnet matt missing and wheel arches poorly executed along with no engine cover and metal to metal scraping noises in going in to my local garage for petrol don't apply in this new car as it has it all and for good measure it has felt mats in all the cup holders and storage bins 

image.jpeg

• Like 6

I will continue to look in on you guys and hope your cars all turn out to be as expected and a joy to drive. 🙂 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, fourbanks said:

Hi guys. i chose Lexus as the dealership is way superior to any other in my area Mercedes/Audi/ Range Rover BMW etc and hope that continues. The car itself so far is spot on, despite the infotainment system being the weakest link. It has Dunlop run flat tyres from Japan and has a sunroof and cream leather seating. All the things that caused me concern in the corolla like bonnet matt missing and wheel arches poorly executed along with no engine cover and metal to metal scraping noises in going in to my local garage for petrol don't apply in this new car as it has it all and for good measure it has felt mats in all the cup holders and storage bins 

image.jpeg

Nice looking car 👌 

Enjoy 🏎🏁👍

• Like 1