Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

my new car

fourbanks

46 minutes ago, TonyHSD said:

Nice looking car 👌 

Enjoy 🏎🏁👍

thanks, Tony 🙂 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, fourbanks said:

I will continue to look in on you guys and hope your cars all turn out to be as expected and a joy to drive. 🙂 

Nick, would be good to hear your comments re overall build quality, etc compared to Toyota.

I like the design and mechanics of my RAV4, but the build quality is not a patch on my previous Landrovers and Volvo and may look at Lexus in the future.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hybrid21 said:

Nick, would be good to hear your comments re overall build quality, etc compared to Toyota.

I like the design and mechanics of my RAV4, but the build quality is not a patch on my previous Landrovers and Volvo and may look at Lexus in the future.

Hi Iain

the build quality on the Lexus is very good, especially the 'Takumi' models, which are the top models in each of type of model line up UX/ES/NX etc. 

The RAV4 is a good Japanese car but for the same money the Lexus NX 350H FWD at £41000 basic is a much more solid car especially on the door hinges and paintwork. The drive on both cars are the same, i felt 

the 350H TAKUMI PACK WITH PANORAMIC ROOF costs around £7500 extra and has these additions digital rearview mirror; lane change assist; front cross traffic alert; Mark Levinson premium surround sound system. And out of any brand of car for £50'000 you won't find better craftsmanship you would be in the Rolls-Royce bracket 

The RX TAKUMI 3.5-litre six-cylinder petrol for £59'000 is in a league of its own and probably can't be matched by any other SUV manufacturer 

likewise in the saloon for the ES model for£39'000 unbelievable value my drive not that suitable it's a long car 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Nick, you certainly seem impressed 👍 I will have a look at them when I come to change the RAV4.

1 hour ago, Hybrid21 said:

Thanks Nick, you certainly seem impressed 👍 I will have a look at them when I come to change the RAV4.

🙂 

Perhaps some more pictures from the interior m wheel arches, under bonnet will be very interesting to me to compare to Corolla. This ux Lexus IS very close to Corolla 2.0 hybrid and very close price too especially on the used car market , any potential new owner will be interested. 👍

UX is basically a posh C-HR - which in turn is basically a pumped up Corolla hatch.

The 2023 model year updates if they had come at the start of this year instead would have meant I would have visited a Lexus centre to try out a UX instead of just visiting the Toyota dealer, test driving then ordering a C-HR.

16 minutes ago, forkingabout said:

UX is basically a posh C-HR - which in turn is basically a pumped up Corolla hatch.

The 2023 model year updates if they had come at the start of this year instead would have meant I would have visited a Lexus centre to try out a UX instead of just visiting the Toyota dealer, test driving then ordering a C-HR.

The 23 model UX will just have a new touch screen instead of what i have, the lap pad and a few other cosmetics 

my lap pad is OK and works well on the slow cursor setting 

1 hour ago, TonyHSD said:

Perhaps some more pictures from the interior m wheel arches, under bonnet will be very interesting to me to compare to Corolla. This ux Lexus IS very close to Corolla 2.0 hybrid and very close price too especially on the used car market , any potential new owner will be interested. 👍

The wheel arches are in black and look much neater than what i had before. The UX is the same size as the C-HR but with a traditional Japanese layout, which i much prefer. The bonnet for example will close shut with just one finger to close it, a vast difference over the corolla which was impossible you had to drop from around 6 inches. And that theme continues with the door hinges very thick and will close very quietly.  The same with the windows going up, going slower as the window reaches the top. That also applies to the wipers when turning off. A lot of small subtle qualities throughout the car of which appeal to myself. The sound also much clearer but softer. i didn't enjoy my test drive in the C-HR mainly because the controls were not at the level I was used to and the main dashboard i found wonting. i think the Lexus is best suited for the over fifties who just the won't the basics well executed 

• Like 1

i should add it's a very quiet car out on the motorway and have no problems with the Dunlop run flat tyres 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TonyHSD said:

image.jpeg

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, fourbanks said:

The 23 model UX will just have a new touch screen instead of what i have, the lap pad and a few other cosmetics 

23 MY also had extra spot welds added to the body Shell to improve rigidity plus certain grades get steering / suspension upgrades & tweaks.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

Here is a YouTube clip of my car, and is as shown in the same colour both inside and out 

• Like 1

If that is the collection bay, that is how à new car should be presented and from what I can see in the picture, the presentation of the paint etc is perfect.

When we went with our BMW X3, it was that or the RX (slightly older!), we really went around the houses trying to decide. The BM is lovely, but... ours was presented like it had been in for a service, not like this and sad to say, the after sales has been poor.

I remember a friend buying a used Porsche, who, after many after sales issues, told the dealer, if you want to know what customer service looks and feels like, take a leaf out of Lexus' book. Things improved afterwards, but never to the level of his previous Lexus experience.

Hope you enjoy your new car 🙂

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Llynyfan said:

If that is the collection bay, that is how à new car should be presented and from what I can see in the picture, the presentation of the paint etc is perfect.

When we went with our BMW X3, it was that or the RX (slightly older!), we really went around the houses trying to decide. The BM is lovely, but... ours was presented like it had been in for a service, not like this and sad to say, the after sales has been poor.

I remember a friend buying a used Porsche, who, after many after sales issues, told the dealer, if you want to know what customer service looks and feels like, take a leaf out of Lexus' book. Things improved afterwards, but never to the level of his previous Lexus experience.

Hope you enjoy your new car 🙂

Thanks sue 🙂 

Our local Lexus have a fantastic showroom in which you enter and for those taking a new car a special room. You only realize the room is special once all the paper work is finished. Your new car is behind you, but you can't see it because of the special lighting effects she asks you to turn around and puts a brilliant bright white light on and your car like magic appears before your eyes Unbelievable

• Like 1

The UX was as well a buying option for us, but the moment we opened the hatch door, we said no thank you...

The rest of the features and looks are indeed quite tempting!

Beautiful car!

4 hours ago, Gerhard_Corolla said:

The UX was as well a buying option for us, but the moment we opened the hatch door, we said no thank you...

The rest of the features and looks are indeed quite tempting!

Beautiful car!

Thanks, Gerhard yes the boot is small but i can live with that as it's only for food shopping 

I've just come across the CD player, another plus point 🙂 

• Like 2

On 7/21/2022 at 7:02 PM, fourbanks said:

Hi guys. i chose Lexus as the dealership is way superior to any other in my area Mercedes/Audi/ Range Rover BMW etc and hope that continues. The car itself so far is spot on, despite the infotainment system being the weakest link. It has Dunlop run flat tyres from Japan and has a sunroof and cream leather seating. All the things that caused me concern in the corolla like bonnet matt missing and wheel arches poorly executed along with no engine cover and metal to metal scraping noises in going in to my local garage for petrol don't apply in this new car as it has it all and for good measure it has felt mats in all the cup holders and storage bins 

image.jpeg

That’s a gorgeous car, absolutely love that colour! Was looking at these too when I went for my TS, but they were out of budget and no deals.

No regrets with my TS though.

Good luck and wish you many miles of happy motoring in it

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Notfer said:

That’s a gorgeous car, absolutely love that colour! Was looking at these too when I went for my TS, but they were out of budget and no deals.

No regrets with my TS though.

Good luck and wish you many miles of happy motoring in it

Thanks, Nath 🙂 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links