Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Avensis T 220 power brake booster

orestis35

HI THERE! HAS ANY TOYOTA T220 MODEL OWNER FOUND AND INSTALLED AN APPROPRIATE AFTERMARKET POWER BRAKE BOOSTER, OR HAS ANYONE ATTEMPTED TO INSTALL AFTERMARKET BRAKE ASSIST OF ANY KIND?  OR HAS ANYONE TRANSPLANTED BRAKE ASSIST SYSTEM OF A NEWER TOYOTA AVENSIS MODEL TO T220 MODEL?
IN THE FIRST CASE PLEASE LET ME KNOW MANUFACTURER/FIRM NAME, PLEASE....

I WANT TO DECREASE THE BRAKING DISTANCE TO THE LEAST POSSIBLE. I KNOW IT COMES AT A COST, HOWEVER, IF THE COST IS REACHABLE, WHY NOT?

ANY OTHER METHOD OF ACHIEVING THE PROJECT/GOAL, ALSO WELCOMED.

THANK YOU ALL!

No need to SHOUT!

If you want to decrease braking distance, boosting the brake system will do very little. Bigger brakes and better rubber will stop you quicker.

Going slow and driving to the condition of the roads will stop you even quicker.

Honestly, I dont want to be that guy, but if your brakes aren't stopping you in time you need to learn to look beyond your bonnet. That or your braking system needs basic maintenance 

• Like 3

Is it not just the case you need new brake pads and rotors.

when was fluid last changed do you have air in the system.

Some pads MFG off a range of diffrent materials on the pads to reduce braking distance but in turn wear out faster.

• Like 1

GUYS SOME MISINTERPRETATION HERE. SO OLLY, BIGGER BRAKES AND BETTER RUBBER WILL SURE HELP ME STOP QUICKER. HOWEVER, IF YOU LOOK AT THE COST OF A GOOD BRAKE CALIPER, BIGER DISK, AND PROBABLE FULL ASSEMBLY KIT, AND ALL THIS MULTIPLIED BY 4 THEN SURE, A BRAKE BOOSTER WOULD COST ME MUCH LESS. NEEDLESS TO SAY, I AM DRIVING AS THE ROAD DEMANDS, AND THE WHOLE BRAKING SYSTEM IS CHECKED ANNUALLY. WHY I SET THE ISSUE IN THE FIRST PLACE. AFTER THE CAR ANNUAL CHECKUP,  I WAS DRIVING  MY TOYOTA, ALONGSIDE WITH MY WIFE IN HER SUZUKI SWIFT MODEL 2015, AT 100KM/H HITING THE BRAKES FULL AT THE SAME TIME, AND MY TOYOTA TOOK 7,2 METERS MORE TO STOP. I LACK THE EBA. NOTHING ELSE. I SEARCHED TO SEE WHAT COULD I DO AND POWER BRAKE BOOSTER, WOULD BE AN ALTERNATIVE AT A REASONABLE COST. I HAVE DRIVEN AROUND 15 DIFFERENT CARS OF MY WORK, AND ALL STOPPED SOONER, HOWEVER, ALL MODELS AFTER 2012. DEREK I AM GONNA CHECK THIS, I HAD NO IDEA.

I see your issue. Have you taken car weight into account? You can't cheat physics.

Your brakes already have servo assist on them so there's not much more can be done, if you over assist the brake pedal loses all feel. However if your servo isn't working correctly your brakes may feel a little lacking.

Back in the day we would take the master cylinder off an automatic to get more force at the calipers but that would only go so far. Actually, come to think of it, the T220 I had was an auto and the brakes on that were fantastic. Potential upgrade there?

Some drilled and grooved discs will help with brake fade. Avoid full race pads as you need to get heat into them before they are any good.

13 hours ago, orestis35 said:

GUYS SOME MISINTERPRETATION HERE. SO OLLY, BIGGER BRAKES AND BETTER RUBBER WILL SURE HELP ME STOP QUICKER. HOWEVER, IF YOU LOOK AT THE COST OF A GOOD BRAKE CALIPER, BIGER DISK, AND PROBABLE FULL ASSEMBLY KIT, AND ALL THIS MULTIPLIED BY 4 THEN SURE, A BRAKE BOOSTER WOULD COST ME MUCH LESS. NEEDLESS TO SAY, I AM DRIVING AS THE ROAD DEMANDS, AND THE WHOLE BRAKING SYSTEM IS CHECKED ANNUALLY. WHY I SET THE ISSUE IN THE FIRST PLACE. AFTER THE CAR ANNUAL CHECKUP,  I WAS DRIVING  MY TOYOTA, ALONGSIDE WITH MY WIFE IN HER SUZUKI SWIFT MODEL 2015, AT 100KM/H HITING THE BRAKES FULL AT THE SAME TIME, AND MY TOYOTA TOOK 7,2 METERS MORE TO STOP. I LACK THE EBA. NOTHING ELSE. I SEARCHED TO SEE WHAT COULD I DO AND POWER BRAKE BOOSTER, WOULD BE AN ALTERNATIVE AT A REASONABLE COST. I HAVE DRIVEN AROUND 15 DIFFERENT CARS OF MY WORK, AND ALL STOPPED SOONER, HOWEVER, ALL MODELS AFTER 2012. DEREK I AM GONNA CHECK THIS, I HAD NO IDEA.

The purpose of a brake booster is really to make the brake pedal easier to press for the driver, it will not make the brakes themselves more powerful as such. It sounds like perhaps your brakes need a full strip down and checking, if that has not been done recently. Also worn tyres can have a significant effect on braking distances but you won't necessarily be aware of it as, instead of the wheels locking up and tyres squealing under emergency braking, the ABS will just cut in much sooner and increase the braking distance.

Just wondering have you caried out a brake booster test just to determine that you have vacuum to it.

engine off.  Press drake depal and hold in position.

When you start the engine pedal will move down indicating you have vacuum assist.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links