Do Not Sell My Personal Information

T sport vs saxo vts.....

jerry phipps

Hi everybody.

So what have you all being getting up to in the week. Well as for me i have being enjoying the weather driving around in my T sport.

Why is it when you drive pass a lad with a corsa or saxo they have to automatically start trying to race you. I think that the saxo is a good car.But the yaris is better! The saxo was trying it's hardest to over take me but fell short of doing the job.

As you all know how quick the yaris T sport is in it's second gear. I was quite shocked how i left the saxo vts behind!

So guy's dont put down your yaris T sport. The yaris can go toe to toe with the saxo! I know that for sure. Also the saxo has a 1.6 engine and still couldn't stay up with me. At this point we were hitting so serious speed.

At the end of the dual carriage way the saxo driver rolled down his window and asked if i had, had the car chipped or somethink like that. I reply no. He looked really shocked.

So there you have it lad's the yaris can kick *****.

:D:D:D:D

Oh yes check out this photo of a yaris with a mad body kit on!

Bye for now jerry

That's quite surprising, going by the manufacturer's figurers:

TSport 0-60=9secs

Saxo VTR 0-60=9.4secs

Saxo VTS 0-60=7.7secs

That must have been a bad driver in the VTS, or it wasn't a true VTS.

In any case, glad to see you are enjoying your car.

I intend to remove the TSport badges from my car when I get it, as that would surprise them the more, when they get blown away by the Yaris. Come DEC pls.

Shola

In a post about 3 weeks ago, I said by having two mods done which were ECU Re-Mapping (been done in two weeks) and an air induction kit fitted you would be able to keep up with the likes of Saxo VTS`s and such like. Keeping up with a VTS on the twisty bits is really not an issue but trying to out accelerate one of the lights forget it. A VTS has 120BHP as standard and a 0-62 time of about 7.9 secs which unfortunately Jerry would Muller our T-Sports. I can only think it must of been a VTR with different badges, it still has a 1.6 but only 8v apposed to 16v in the VTS. Please don’t think it can’t be done though buddy because it can by the end of this month my Yaris should be running anywhere between 115BHP-120BHP after the ECU Issue is sorted. :D

• 4 months later...

Hello all,

i am glad to say my t/s is a quick little beast now, just by adding a HKS Exhaust and induc kit my bhp is 120 and my 0-60 is 7.5. I must admit that everytime i go out i end up having to prove a point to another car who thinks they are fast. I can even out accelorate 2.0 - 2.5's now, depending on the car. it is sooo nice to see the expression of a BMW drivers face as you pass them:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I used to have a Saxo VTS. Great car, crap build quality. Sorry mate but there is NO way in hell a standard Yaris T Sport could keep up with a standard VTS.

Plus not many VTS's are standard. Mine was running about 135bhp.

Most VTS's actually do 0-60 in 7.5, some standard one's have been timed at 7. All depends on the driver. Chances are it was a badged up VTR which has similiar performance figures are ur T Sport.

Also, come on, u go from 105bhp to 120bhp and u reckon u have knocked 1.5 SECONDS off the 0-60 time? lol never heard anything so funny in all my life. (Does that mean my VTS was 0-60 in 6 seconds????)

U out accelerate 2.0-2.5l cars? Err Engine size doesnt mean fast, take an articulated lorry for instance ;)

Hey, might get an exhaust & filter on the CTR, 220bhp and 0-60 in 4.9 seconds :D :cool:

By the way, i dont think the Yaris T sport is bad, my GF's is due in the next 7-10 days. Their really good cars, but some people talk a load of crap when it comes to how fast there cars are.

Hmmm possibly ;)

Just gets really silly when people make up figures. Even a Yaris with 120bhp wouldnt keep up with a VTS on the straights. The difference between a VTR and VTS is not simply the engine, the gear ratios are completely different. So fair enough a 120bhp Yaris will be faster, but i doubt it would keep up, although there wouldnt be as much in it.

Someone mentioned they have to prove a point to other cars when they go out to prove there car is faster...err why? And how do u know they are racing? Maybe they have more sense to race on a public road? I get overtook all the time in the CTR doing 70-80 on a motorway, doesnt mean they 'beat' me. I just have nothing to prove. I KNOW my car is reasonably quick so i dont need to prove anything by risking my life or anyone elses ;)

The majority of accident scenes are not pretty, id rather not see you at the next one.

Save it for the track.

I really find it hard to believe the amount of fuss this T-Sport v VTS topic has caused. Firstly in what respect is a VTS faster than a T-Sport, on paper if both were sitting at the lights the Saxo would leave the Yaris behind agreed. But there is so much more to a sporty hatch than performance figures i.e. a chassis, steering feedback, build quality. I mean a highly chipped Skyline R32 would probably leave a Ferrari 360 behind at the lights but this does not mean it’s a better car. I don’t think there is anyone out there that would rather choose a Saxo VTS than Yaris T-Sport for sheer build quality alone, having said all that it does come at a price. Anyway I still recon the Yaris with the right driver, would not give the VTS an easy run through the country lanes. :D

Just to make a quick addition to the last post about driver skills.

At Donnington on Saturday there was a stock Peugot 106 except induction and brake upgrades who was keeping tabs on MK1 Mr2's and MX-5's, the guy new the car, new the track and embarresed a few people by overtaking them.

Knowing your car and the roads is the most important factor in any driving, and at the end of the day does it really matter who or what is quicker as long as you enjoy the car you drive.

I know I'm no way near as fast or powerful as the MR2 Turbo's or other cars on the road but for me I love the car I have (now it's working), enjoy driving it and always have the ability to put a smile on my face or scare myself silly, surely thats more important !

Again, just my 2p.

I agree with you rhaines. Enjoying your car is the most important part of owning one. What anyone else thinks is not important, IMO anyway.

The link belows useful for comparing other cars that have been timed using proper timing gear.

http://www.syclone.freeserve.co.uk/rivals.htm

PS - Id choose a VTS over a T Sport anyday. Doesnt mean i dont like the T Sport, like i said my GF's is due anyday now :)

Originally posted by MiTS

Yep..that site is full of crap..it says that yaris TS 1/4 mile is 18.9 secs and manufacturer says that 1/4 mile is 16.7 secs!!!!! come on...

A 16 second 1/4 mile pass is not that slow, a 911 can only do it in around 13 !!

I think we should set up a meet when there is a RWYB day on at Santa Pod. Then we could all see what our cars can do in our own hands.

BOY WHAT IS ALL THIS TALK ABOUT THE YARIS AND THE SAXO. LOOK AT THE END OF THE DAY DOES IT MATTER THAT I MANAGED TO FED OFF A SAXO. LIKE YOU ALL SAY IT COULD HAVE BEING A VTR SAXO. BUT WHO CARE'S I STILL GAVE IT A RUN FOR THE MONEY.

I LIKE THE SAXO BUT AT THE END OF THE DAY THE T SPORT IS THE BETTER CAR AND I THINK THAT EVERYONE WILL AGREE.

SO LET'S NOT ARGUE ABOUT A FRENCH PIECE OF S*** ANYWAY

:mad:

I just want to settle this.......

My best mate has a standard vts. My mate and I have done some little tests on both our cars at the same time, and i might add, we are both in agreement on the results(!)......

I have a yaris t sport with an HKS Hiper exhaust and an HKS Induction kit. According to TDI this should give my car 120bhp. Torque is also up, but not quoted bye them. VTS and Yaris have identical torque, so mine is up on his. Yaris weighs 10kgs more than the vts.

My Yaris is slightly quicker in gear than the VTS, it pulls harder (expcept in the higher revs ie 6.5krpm). So overtaking is slightly better. As standard the Yaris is probably the same as the VTS. This is down to gearing, as the Yaris is shorter geared. Hence why over a run the Yaris as standard will keep up with the VTS (we tried before my mods and its easy).

In a straight line 0- whatever speed (up to a 100mph in this case) mine would fall behind before mods. They are now absolutely identical. No doubt. This is obviously not timed, but we have a lovely long stretch of straight very quiet road to test these things on!;)

When people talk of 0-60, 0-62 times, these are totally irelevant. For a start the yaris can't do 60 in second. a saxo vtr or vts can. thats why its quicker by a second or so to 60! How many times do you sprint from 0-60 on the road? Never. It could be to any speed!! 0-50 my t sport would kill Dave's VTS!!!

And, the person who said that a 120bhp Yaris is not as quick as a 120bhp saxo needs to think about it a bit more. Ok the Yaris weighs 10kg more, but other than that there isn't any difference, except the yaris has more torque;) It may not cut a second and a half off of 0-60, but thats down to gearing not how powerful the car is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's still as quick in a straight line, as the saxo driver still has to change to third, by which time the yaris is well on its way into its power band and the saxo has dropped below it!!!!

If anyone wants to put up some counter opinions here then thats fine!!! I'd be interested to hear what everyone has to say about this!!!

Sorry about that, just had to make that all clear!!!!!!!!!........

Oh yeah, btw, my Yaris sounds 100x better!!! And that makes it even more :D per mile......;)

i agree..gearing makes a big difference in so called 0-60 tests,a car that has longer gearing will not loose out on changes

whereas a shorter geared car will have the initial pull but will loose out on its more frequent gear changes .........

this is very apparent in the is200,where its first 2 gears are 2 close,3rd is great as is 4th but 5th and 6th are also 2 close

on a 0-60 i could knock 1 sec of the time if it wasnt for the gear change point just at 56mph on the red line

Thanksmark for clearing this all up. Well i'am glad that someone believes that the yaris can keep up with a saxo vts. And perhaps beat the saxo.

Like i was saying all the while. Dont slat your yaris. The yaris can kick butt :D

Mark if u read my posts you have basically agreed with what i have said mate. The very first post was about how a standard T sport beat a VTS. You said before mods yours fell behind the VTS, after mods it keeps up. I did actually say with 120bhp there wouldnt be much in it, but like u say they 3rd gear to hit 60 alters the 0-60 time. Like my current car i cant hit 60 without changing into 3rd, if i could hit it in 2nd id be looking at a high 5 rather than 6.4. But who cares about 0-60 anyway, we both agree on that as well ;)

Im note sure i agree with u saying how the saxo would fall behind as u are already in 3rd while the saxo is in 2nd...cos they saxo would still be 'pulling' while ur dropping off, the saxo would then drop off while going into 3rd while u catch up and vice versa. VTS with a gearchange in the correct place drops in back at 4000k (powerband). So they would be neck and neck with each edging forward and dropping back on gearchange.

Saxo's are badly put together, never been in a Yaris yet but the GF's is due on the 20th. Once its run in i'll take it for a spin and post my opinion on it. Ive never once said the T Sport is crap, have i ;) :) Cant comment until ive actually drove one, unlike a lot of people tend to do with cars :)

• 1 month later...

t sports are still made in japan!!! much better build quailty, oh and the verso!well 1 out of 2 not bad!

i really cant see any difference between jap and french yaris... if anything, french yaris interior materials look nicer... i only saw the new ones tho, didnt see any frenchies that are older than 6 months, I know they alread had one mmc (minor modification change)