Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Air con compressor

MarkExeter

Just been to have my air con regassed on my 2009 IQ 1.3 auto and garage tells me it didn't work possibly as a/c compressor has failed. Any advice on where I can get a replacement in UK? I'm having a bit of a job finding one. Thanks for any help anyone can give.

Did the garage diagnose the compressor as being faulty and is it a new compressor that you are looking for? 

Hi Mark. The air conditioning on my IQ3 packed up a couple of years ago. Fortunately I had taken out a Toyota extended warranty. My diagnostic tool revealed that the flow sensor built into the air con compressor was faulty. This was confirmed by my Toyota dealer.

Apparently the flow sensor is built into the compressor, and is not available as a separate item. Car was repaired by local dealer. I don't know what it would have cost me, but I would have thought that this would have been far more than the £345 for the 2 year extended warranty !  The electro clutch on the compressor pulley can also misbehave causing lack of aircon.

Edited by Antonio2
mis spelling

• 2 weeks later...