Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Global window opening/closing

Greybeard

Hello, my first question!  I have had the car for a couple of weeks now and the handbook tells me that the dealer should be able to set the keyfob (it's a smart entry system) to globally open or close the windows.  The Dealer says they can't do it because Toyota disabled the function some years ago.  Are they right?

Bear in mind the owners manual covers several market areas, so may not be available on the UK models.

True, but other makes have global opening closing in the UK and I was just wondering if the dealer was telling a porky! Thanks for the reply though.

Not sure about Yaris but on my last two Corollas the dealer has been able to activate global window control on the remote. They took it in the workshop and 10 mins later all done, no charge. 

I activated both the window opening / closing functions from the remote fob last week on my C-HR using a Carista bluetooth dongle.

There was also separate settings for opening / closing the windows from the key barrel which I left switched off.

I've no idea if the Yaris has the window functions available. 

It will  work on some Yaris but depends on your keys &  activation is only possible at the delers.

Hi I have had a 2019 Corolla with panoramic roof and I have got a Chr Gr Sport which have been supplied by 2 different Toyota dealers and both have programed both cars to global open and close the windows and panoramic roof plus both have asked if I wanted other features ie auto lock when the vehicle starts to move which I decided. Your dealer seems to be can't be bothered.

It was enabled by default on my 2020 Yaris Launch Edition. Even though I have Techstream (if it was needed), I didn't need to do anything.

I enabled it via Carista on our 2022 Yaris Design. Non-keyless.

I have a 2021 Yaris and had the dealer enable remote window operation last time it was there - I can hold down the lock/unlock button to close/open all the windows.

(It's a bit finicky; You have to keep holding it if you want them to close/open all the way, and for some reason if you move, e.g. if walking towards or away from the car, it doesn't seem to work!)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Cyker said:

(It's a bit finicky; You have to keep holding it if you want them to close/open all the way

It's done that way for safety reasons in case someone puts a limb / finger in the way of a moving window 🙄

42 minutes ago, forkingabout said:

It's done that way for safety reasons in case someone puts a limb / finger in the way of a moving window 🙄

Wouldn’t the anti-trap feature kick in then? Would assume it’s not inhibited during global close?

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, forkingabout said:

That would make more sense if the car didn't have 1-touch open/close for all the windows in the car (Which I nearly trapped my mate's hand with yesterday :laugh: )

To be fair tho' the anti-trap hasn't been shown to be great in tests - Someone put a plastic bottle in and the window fully closed on it... :eek:so I imagine it'd give quite a painful pinch before it kicked in!

12 minutes ago, Cyker said:

That would make more sense if the car didn't have 1-touch open/close for all the windows in the car (Which I nearly trapped my mate's hand with yesterday :laugh: )

To be fair tho' the anti-trap hasn't been shown to be great in tests - Someone put a plastic bottle in and the window fully closed on it... :eek:so I imagine it'd give quite a painful pinch before it kicked in!

It's more for liability purposes, the person pressing & holding the button to operate the window is responsible.

Many thanks for all your replies.  It is beginning to look as if my dealer can't be bothered.  I will pursue it further! 

• Like 1