Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Car alarm

Leelanza

Hi guys, so I recently had a tilt alarm fitted, since then my regular alarm goes off randomly, now reading into this it could be a low Battery, as my car is a hybrid it operates with a 40%-80% Battery capacity, so would it be because of a “low battery”? Also this only happens when it’s in the garage, hasn’t happened outside yet 

2 hours ago, Leelanza said:

Hi guys, so I recently had a tilt alarm fitted, since then my regular alarm goes off randomly, now reading into this it could be a low battery, as my car is a hybrid it operates with a 40%-80% battery capacity, so would it be because of a “low battery”? Also this only happens when it’s in the garage, hasn’t happened outside yet 

Hi, 

Battery capacity 40-80% applies to the the hybrid Battery only. In your car the alarm is connected to a small 12v Battery which if it’s low it may cause some issues indeed. Best to take the car to whoever installed the tilt alarm and ask them to double check for you. 👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TonyHSD said:

Hi, 

battery capacity 40-80% applies to the the hybrid battery only. In your car the alarm is connected to a small 12v battery which if it’s low it may cause some issues indeed. Best to take the car to whoever installed the tilt alarm and ask them to double check for you. 👍

Thank you, it was my local Toyota garage, I’ll get onto them in the morning 

1 hour ago, TonyHSD said:

Hi, 

battery capacity 40-80% applies to the the hybrid battery only. In your car the alarm is connected to a small 12v battery which if it’s low it may cause some issues indeed. Best to take the car to whoever installed the tilt alarm and ask them to double check for you. 👍

Just figured out it’s actually the tilt alarm going off, I’ve disabled it (so I can sleep) but will definitely be calling Toyota tomorrow 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

had tilt switch fitted 2 years ago in my 2011 Prius alarm was going off randomly day and night after 2 visit back 2 Toyota including an overnight test picked up car next morning drove 9 miles home 15 minutes later alarm goes off back again to Toyota had it taken out I was told it was a Battery problem which I had checked by supplier could find no problem and is still working as it should today prescotian

• 1 month later...

If the tilt sensor alarm goes off even when it’s in a (presumably locked and secured) garage, that pretty much excludes all external forces and triggers.

Regarding low Battery, have you checked your 12v auxiliary Battery? Maybe the fitter got something wired wrongly which prevents the Auris from going to sleep, which then drains the 12v auxiliary Battery. Just thinking 🤔 outside the box here. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links