Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Boris has gone

Bper

Hi All,

I see more and more vehicles with number plates on the front dash with the name of the drivers' cars. As long as I can remember, I have always named my cars or vans.

The first being a mini van called Morris. A Honda called Henry etc., I am interested to know when the naming of cars first started and if this is popular in other countries.

As we bought a Toyota Auris we called it Boris but soon got rid of that and changed it to Horace.

What do you call yours?

I must admit I've never named any of my cars...

Yes believe it or not it is a lot more popular then you would think. You may remember the  Eddie Stobart haulage company who used to name all there trucks and this had a large following.

My Morris 1000 van was called you b****** useless f******* heap.

Well it was when the drum brakes stuck on in hot weather.

• Haha 2

I know it as a girly thing for cars but look at railway engines from Puffin Bill onwards. 

WW1 tanks had names.  Aircraft also with many WW2 aircraft, tanks and guns. I saw Army Challenger 2 tanks also with names though I can't remember the series. 

Someone I know with his initials on the plate VAD, we called his car the Impaler; it was the upmarket version of the Mondeo. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links