Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Get my PHEV tomorrow - will it be charged?

adamtoonarmy

Getting my new Rav4 Design PHEV tomorrow, its an NHS lease car and is being delivered to my work. I will be waving a fond farewell to my HEV Corolla Dynamic which is being collected at the same time.

Anyone know if my RAVs Battery will be charged or will I be on petrol for the 20 mile commute home?

No one can possibly know this, obviously, but you can always let us know tomorrow evening.

That being said, I would have expected it to have been to a dealership for its PDI, even if it is a lease, in which case it would be likely to have been at least part charged. Unless of course it’s being delivered to your place of work from there by its own four wheels, and the distance of said delivery is 40miles or more, which would have to be regarded as a bit of bad luck!

Edited by Mike2222
There autocorrected to their, and my ocd wouldn’t let that stand 😂

My PHEV was at the dealership for a couple of weeks before I picked it up. Asked them to make sure it was charged up.....flat as a pancake when I collected it.....bloody useless.."sorry they said...only have one charger and wasn't able to do it beforehand"

Hi adamtoonarmy

If its coming on the back of a trailer it be fully charged as part of the PDI inspection.

You have more than enough fuel to go home on I expect quarter of a tank of fuel or more.

Hope you enjoy your new motor.

Thanks for the replies. Its been at a dealership for 10 days or so now waiting for the end of my current lease. It will have a PDI and be delivered on the back of a trailer or something similar. Hopefully it will have some charge then and I will update tomorrow 

9 hours ago, adamtoonarmy said:

Getting my new Rav4 Design PHEV tomorrow, its an NHS lease car and is being delivered to my work. I will be waving a fond farewell to my HEV Corolla Dynamic which is being collected at the same time.

Anyone know if my RAVs battery will be charged or will I be on petrol for the 20 mile commute home?

I asked them to ensure that was at least some charge in the Battery but it's probably too late for that now. Do you not have charging facilities at work to give it a quick top up as a type 2 cable will be supplied?

Connect the cable and select the YES to the 'Charge Now' question that will pop up on the MID. 

8 minutes ago, ernieb said:

I asked them to ensure that was at least some charge in the battery but it's probably too late for that now. Do you not have charging facilities at work to give it a quick top up as a type 2 cable will be supplied?

Connect the cable and select the YES to the 'Charge Now' question that will pop up on the MID. 

Its the NHS, we will get charging points for staff in around 2037 (ish)......probbaly

My RAV 4.5 ( non PHEV ) was properly prepared and had a decent amount of fuel in the tank when I collected it. The Hyundai PHEV on the other hand had no charge and very little fuel and this is one of several suggestions I made to the dealer when asked about my level of satisfaction about the hand-over. Hyundai Tucson PHEV is very good but I'm very queasy about the dealer who has a monopoly in this locality. If your Toyota dealer does well let us know. 

2 hours ago, adamtoonarmy said:

Its the NHS, we will get charging points for staff in around 2037 (ish)......probbaly

As early as that……..

You’d have thought that there would be a massive incentive to instal chargers for staff in places like hospitals to get staff to go EV or PHEV.

2 hours ago, adamtoonarmy said:

Unless you're management 😊

Our CEO rotates between 3 hospitals and lives nearest the poorest.  Its infrastructure will allow car charging or CT scanner but not both. 

1 hour ago, Roy124 said:

Unless you're management 😊

Our CEO rotates between 3 hospitals and lives nearest the poorest.  Its infrastructure will allow car charging or CT scanner but not both. 

Seriously, I would not have thought they would have allowed an installation like that. Who on earth allowed that to happen?

EDIT: of course it would have been the CEO.

And the answer is……….flat as a pancake. No charge at all. Loving the car mind you

• Like 1

Same here. Collected my RAV4 PHEV Dynamic Premium last month and asked the dealers to charge it up for collection. Zero EV range...!

I asked for mine to be charged on collection last September - and it was 👍.

Mind you electricity was cheaper then 😄

If the delivery of PHEV’s is so bad with little EV range what on earth are they going to do with full EV’s. I don’t think my dealer has a fast charger so when I asked for some EV range when I test drive the car on my arrival they disconnected the cable by unplugging from an extension cable?

I   didn't ask for charge or fuel, basically as I was just out to buy a car however it was charged up and fuelled to 40 per cent. I guess it's down to the people you deal with at the dealer and whether they really want you back, it's really nothing to ask to be treated well when you spend money buying stuff that the sellers literally rely on to provide them with an income. Strikes me there should be no doubt as a minimum standard should be set by the retail industry really not that difficult. Call for consumers to organise.

When I picked up my PHEV there was a full petrol tank but no EV range. I agree that deters should as a minimum put give you a 40% fuel tank when you pick up the car as generally it's the last thing you want to be thinking about. I've mostly had a good experience but a few times asked the dealer to fill the car only to find a massive over charge as well as the cost of the fuel.

When I picked up my HEV just after the petrol crisis the dealer completely filled up the car at a cost of c£75, ah, the good old days. Mind you this is the 8th car that our family had bought from this particular salesman.