Do Not Sell My Personal Information

No access to connected services

adamtoonarmy

Picked my PHEV up yesterday and connected to the My T app.  This morning I logged into the web portal, verified ownership and activated connected services.

Im still not seeing Battery charge level/ability to pre heat/cool the cabin etc. I can see some more basic stuff like the car model and mileage. App looks like this.

Any advice on how to get this working?

IMG_2192.PNG

• Like 1

What does it say under the activated Rab on the screen above. From memory, I'm sure the dealer set this up prior to collection for me. I'm sure I've seen some people say it takes a while to fully activate so you might just have to be patient. Something in mind also tells me.you have to do a short drive of a minimum distance after connecting, something to do with checking you own the car.

Hopefully someone who has done this more recently might be able to be more specific.

Sometimes it can take 24 hours for the Toyota systems to catch up. You’ll also need to register the multimedia system if it’s not already done.

10 hours ago, ernieb said:

Sometimes it can take 24 hours for the Toyota systems to catch up. You’ll also need to register the multimedia system if it’s not already done.

Any ideas on how I register the multimedia device? The instructions on the app are utterly useless and Ive had no luck with finding the device iD number either 

8 minutes ago, adamtoonarmy said:

Any ideas on how I register the multimedia device? The instructions on the app are utterly useless and Ive had no luck with finding the device iD number either 

The easiest way to do this is from the car - 'simply' set-up Toyota Online services via Wi-Fi. So, set-up a wifi connection - either to your home Wi-Fi or via your smartphone. And then enable Toyota Online services by logging in, from the car, using your My Toyota Account details - allow it to remember your password so that it can do so automatically each time you set off.

It really is best not to try to set-up the basics via the app ...

• Thanks 1

As Philip says but again it can take a little while for the registration to be processed especially if you go through the app.

Thanks folks. I’ve done what Philip said and it was pretty straightforward in the end.

no change on the app yet, still no range or connected services. Will give it 24 hours or so and see if it updates

Same issues with my RAV4 PHEV and MyT app. Big blank space where the Battery status and A/C should be.

IMG_DB3B9210BF6E-1.jpeg

• Like 1

Well no change this morning, any further ideas or thoughts on how to sort this appreciated

IMG_2197.PNG

IMG_2198.PNG

IMG_2199.PNG

Oh, look - another RE1 just like Bill's. First, you probably should give it another 24 hrs - but in the light of Bill's experience I doubt that will help. Then take it to your dealer and ask them to sort it - it will be an interesting test of service expectations. There is clearly something not quite right ...

What 'phone's and operating systems are these apps living on?

9 minutes ago, philip42h said:

Oh, look - another RE1 just like Bill's. First, you probably should give it another 24 hrs - but in the light of Bill's experience I doubt that will help. Then take it to your dealer and ask them to sort it - it will be an interesting test of service expectations. There is clearly something not quite right ...

What 'phone's and operating systems are these apps living on?

iPhone 11.

i didn’t buy from a dealer its an NHS lease. Presume they will still help me?

17 minutes ago, adamtoonarmy said:

i didn’t buy from a dealer its an NHS lease. Presume they will still help me?

Hopefully, you have a local dealer that you will use for servicing and would use for warranty work? It can't hurt to ask ... 🤞

5 minutes ago, philip42h said:

Hopefully, you have a local dealer that you will use for servicing and would use for warranty work? It can't hurt to ask ... 🤞

Certainly have and took my Corolla there for the last three years.

Checking my car on the Toyota web portal my RE1 model is listed as an MY21 instead of MY22

Not sure it makes any difference though.

Screenshot 2022-07-21 at 01.21.59.png

6 hours ago, Bill65 said:

Checking my car on the Toyota web portal my RE1 model is listed as an MY21 instead of MY22

There is no MY22 PHEV so that's not the reason for this 'oddity'. The MY21 PHEV continued being produced and sold through 2022 and is due to be replaced with a MY23 towards the end of this year.

Sorted thanks to Amar at Toyota UK. Needed a change at their end and now the app populates with all the correct settings.

image.thumb.jpeg.7a70668c3e4e2750f086aa0fdfd97518.jpeg

• Like 1

And, for Adam's benefit, can you share what needed changing? Or the route to getting it fixed?

Toyota UK are aware of this thread after I alerted them to the problems we were having with our PHEVs and the MyT app. A very helpful chap by the name of Amar at Toyota Customer Relations passed it to one of their support teams and they were able to make the fix. I'd suggest that Adam emails them at cr@toyota.co.uk with the relevant VIN and reg details.

3 hours ago, Bill65 said:

Toyota UK are aware of this thread after I alerted them to the problems we were having with our PHEVs and the MyT app. A very helpful chap by the name of Amar at Toyota Customer Relations passed it to one of their support teams and they were able to make the fix. I'd suggest that Adam emails them at cr@toyota.co.uk with the relevant VIN and reg details.

Well coincidentally I already had and was coming on here to update everyone! I also spoke with Amar and have been back and forth with emails. I mentioned this forum and Amar said that they had just provided a fix for someone on here, I thought it would probably be you Bill. Pleased you got sorted. Amar assures me that he has escalated my issue also and is hopeful it will be resolved early next week

• Like 2

🙂

If you log-in to your My Toyota account you can change the name of your vehicle to something sensible (e.g. "Adams RAV4" or anything of your choosing) rather than this slightly odd "RE1".

• Thanks 1