Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My new Aygo X is being replaced !

152bobby

Hi Folks,

Time to share this with you, now that I have a new replacement car ordered by my friendly Toyota Jemca in Reading.

On the attached photos is markings on the bonnet UNDER the paint. You will see this better if you look at the photos on a larger tablet or laptop, rather than a phone.

This was NOT visible at handover but appeared four days later.  Believe me, I and the sales rep inspected the car thoroughly and from that point my car was in my garage and I had not washed or touched it because I wanted the Supargard protection which was applied to cure properly.

Jemca contacted Toyota GB and they said my car had to be inspected by a paint expert, so I had to take my car to Toyota Jemca in Bracknell (that's were their body shop is).

They were also totally confused, but had to go through protocol and check paint thickness etc etc and submit a report to Toyota GB.  They obviously tried to polish it out, but as it's UNDER the paint, that did not work. We did think that it may have been glue residue from the white plastic protective film that is applied to the bonnet and the roof for transit, but as mentioned before, the marks are under the paint and are NOT detected when you run your finger over the marks, it's totally smooth.

So we waited on a reply from Toyota GB who got back to Toyota Jemca in Reading after about a week.  They said to respray the front end of the car !!!

I had already pre-empt this option with Toyota Jemca, because I paid for a brand new car and in my opinion, the car would not be as good as new and would devalue the car.

Jemca in Reading, ordered me a replacement new car immediately on receiving the feedback from Toyota GB.  I am not privy to any conversations that may have happened between Toyota Jemca and Toyota GB.

So, I now have a new delivery date of the end of September and can still drive my existing Aygo X until it arrives.

I am in discussion with Jemca in regards to additional costs that I have or may incur, such as getting my dash cams uninstalled and reinstalled, including a new Dashcam transfer wire kit. Transfer fee of my own registration plate to the new car, I have taken out alloy wheel damage cover with another company and they may charge a transfer fee !, my car insurance company may charge me !!.

I am just trying to come out of this with NO additional costs whatsoever and I am trying to be as fair as possible with Jemca in Reading because they have been great with this whole thing.

Anyway, I thought I would share this with you.

PXL_20220625_082821513.MP.jpg

PXL_20220625_090329126.jpg

PXL_20220625_090312918.jpg

PXL_20220625_090257570.jpg

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, BobbyMcLeish said:

Hi Folks,

Time to share this with you, now that I have a new replacement car ordered by my friendly Toyota Jemca in Reading.

On the attached photos is markings on the bonnet UNDER the paint. You will see this better if you look at the photos on a larger tablet or laptop, rather than a phone.

This was NOT visible at handover but appeared four days later.  Believe me, I and the sales rep inspected the car thoroughly and from that point my car was in my garage and I had not washed or touched it because I wanted the Supargard protection which was applied to cure properly.

Jemca contacted Toyota GB and they said my car had to be inspected by a paint expert, so I had to take my car to Toyota Jemca in Bracknell (that's were their body shop is).

They were also totally confused, but had to go through protocol and check paint thickness etc etc and submit a report to Toyota GB.  They obviously tried to polish it out, but as it's UNDER the paint, that did not work. We did think that it may have been glue residue from the white plastic protective film that is applied to the bonnet and the roof for transit, but as mentioned before, the marks are under the paint and are NOT detected when you run your finger over the marks, it's totally smooth.

So we waited on a reply from Toyota GB who got back to Toyota Jemca in Reading after about a week.  They said to respray the front end of the car !!!

I had already pre-empt this option with Toyota Jemca, because I paid for a brand new car and in my opinion, the car would not be as good as new and would devalue the car.

Jemca in Reading, ordered me a replacement new car immediately on receiving the feedback from Toyota GB.  I am not privy to any conversations that may have happened between Toyota Jemca and Toyota GB.

So, I now have a new delivery date of the end of September and can still drive my existing Aygo X until it arrives.

I am in discussion with Jemca in regards to additional costs that I have or may incur, such as getting my dash cams uninstalled and reinstalled, including a new dashcam transfer wire kit. Transfer fee of my own registration plate to the new car, I have taken out alloy wheel damage cover with another company and they may charge a transfer fee !, my car insurance company may charge me !!.

I am just trying to come out of this with NO additional costs whatsoever and I am trying to be as fair as possible with Jemca in Reading because they have been great with this whole thing.

PXL_20220625_090304391.jpg

Well at least the major part is sorted but, as you say, you really should be able to get to where you are now with a properly painted car and no additional cost.  Fingers crossed, I will await the full outcome with interest

Thanks....just noticed that I did not blank out my reg number (maybe a mod can kindly do this for me ASAP? )

• Like 1

Sorry to hear of your new car problem, but good to see the dealer's support for your case and doing the right thing. I live in Berkshire, so hearing good news about a local dealer is helpful for me. Hope it all works out for you. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, BobbyMcLeish said:

Thanks....just noticed that I did not blank out my reg number (maybe a mod can kindly do this for me ASAP? )

Well the one good thing about the number plate is I don't think anyone would want to nick it and if they tried cloning the car they might have to clone the marks as well.

• Haha 2

That's very random, all most like UV has reacted with the base or the base has reacted with the primer

Yes, but what is worrying, is this sort of damage is not instant.  In my instance, this paint defect did not show up from when the car was originally painted at the assembly plant, passed all inspections and then months passed before myself or my local Toyota Dealer spotted it 

Does this mean that this can happen at ANY time and or not at all !!! Surely my car is not the only one out there !!

And you can be assured Toyota GB are not going to be shouting this from the rooftops !!!

I wash and polish my car just about once a week and I will ALWAYS be looking for this paint damage in the future !!

I don't think mods will be able to do that number plate thing Bobby, I would delete the image from your post, quicker and easier 

4 minutes ago, Parts-King said:

I don't think mods will be able to do that number plate thing Bobby, I would delete the image from your post, quicker and easier 

I had a look, can't see how to delete that one image !!

Click on the 3 dots in the top right of your post, click edit, remove the link for that picture 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Unfortunately Mods cannot edit photos. 

I've deleted the photo. 

Just so you're aware members only have a limited time in which to edit posts, and once this is exceeded, the only option is to report that you want something edited by clicking the dots in the top right corner of the specific post, and selecting 'Report'.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Parts-King said:

Click on the 3 dots in the top right of your post, click edit, remove the link for that picture 

Blimey, I totally missed those three dots 😳 

Mike's done it for me 👍

• Like 1

Not evident @ handover so clearly a difficult issue to detect.

Have you ordered Chilli Auto again ?

Perfect resolution for you.

The Dealer on behalf of GB should replace the car & the Dealer fitted Options.

Tel

Jemca Toyota offered me to have any colour I wanted from the Exclusive range.  After popping round to see the other colours in the flesh, I decided to stick with the Chili Red.

Any accessories I paid for are being supplied and fitted for free.  I just have to work on any other costs which I have already mentioned.

The only Option you could have considered was a Limited Model as the roof has received positive reviews & the wheels are Black.

Chilli is best but the Green Spice is ok.

Auto Limited would be my choice.

Tel 

On 7/21/2022 at 8:44 AM, Tel 2 said:

The only Option you could have considered was a Limited Model as the roof has received positive reviews & the wheels are Black.

Sounds to me like the dealership are being completely reasonable so far. You often find it's the dealer that has supported to decision to exchange the car for the customer, Toyota might be putting some money in, but not for the whole car. There comes a point where asking for a higher spec might just get a firm no from the dealer 

Jemca in Reading have been excellent, can't fault them (yet)🤣.

The only thing that attracted me to the Ltd Edition, was the heated seats.

The roof was/is a no no for me, solely on higher insurance (I checked this), vandals !!! And the amount of times you can actually use it in this country 😅

• Like 1

Nice to hear Jemca is cleaning their act up, as the dealings I have had with them in the last few years have been very poor to mediocre (excluding the parts Dept, what have always been on the ball)

Up- Grading was not an issue when Lexus replaced my new car----obviously I paid additional money.

The current Chilli X is lovely except for a cosmetic bonnet issue that has been resolved.

In 4 months time you will get a lovely Chilli X. No change really.

I am just saying I would reward my frustration by choosing the LTD X Auto & have a second phase of excitement of awaiting the delivery.

Roof is no issue to me & is perfect for remotely venting cabin heat.

If I was really confident the Aygo X could be a Continental Cruiser, zero issues to date on Motorway spurts, the need for 2 cars is no longer necessary.

Tel

I polished and hoovered my car, like it was my own today 🤣.

When I say, I hoovered the carpets, I use the term carpets VERY loosely....there are no carpets, it just some funny cheap material !!! 

It's actually hilarious!!!

If you don't know what I mean, pop out to your Aygo X and have a feel !!

My mats are luxury Aygo X factory fitted over synthetic carpet that offers numerous NVH properties.

What did you expect in a modern car ?

Tel

I to have the proper Aygo X fitted carpet mats, but like all my cars, I take these out and use the genuine fitted rubber mats.

You say, "what did you expect"...well, actual some kind of real carpets 🥺. Maybe at least the same material that's in the boot, that actually looks like carpet material. It's the first car I have ever had with this material, maybe I have been spoilt in the past !!! 

And let's face it, £18k is not exactly loose change to spend on a car.  I just can't see it lasting any length of time at all !!

Anyway, it is what it is.

I am quite happy with the carpet set I had with my 2012 Aygo which was vary similar to the Honda ones I had in my CRV.  To try and make them last I shampoo them on a regular basis and add a fabric coating every few months.

Great you did that, but unfortunately I can't shampoo a carpet to keep it in good condition, when it's not actually a carpet.

I'm just going to ignore what's under my rubber mats 🤣

On 7/20/2022 at 8:55 AM, BobbyMcLeish said:

Hi Folks,

I am in discussion with Jemca in regards to additional costs that I have or may incur, such as getting my dash cams uninstalled and reinstalled, including a new dashcam transfer wire kit. Transfer fee of my own registration plate to the new car, I have taken out alloy wheel damage cover with another company and they may charge a transfer fee !, my car insurance company may charge me !!.

At least you are dealing with Reading . I bought the last of the previous model with them and Paul from sales was absolutely brilliant. I did however have scoring on the base of the leather drivers seat when collected of which they provided some cream. Unfortunately this wasn't enough to sort it but luckily not too obvious. They gave me a great deal too so couldn't complain anyway.

Hope you get it sorted without further issue.