Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Auto X Exclusive Sat Nav

Keith Richardson

Took delivery 3 weeks ago, sat nav works when it wants, very rarely connects to Cloud. Technician at local Toyota garage clueless, now want car for a few days. Not impressed for a brand new car. 

Does ACP auto-connect & work perfectly ?

If so ,what does the Cloud give you that I assume is about signal quality & strength which is obviously. poor in your domain.

Doubt X is @ fault.

Tel

Exclusive sat-nav cannot be used as it constantly loses internet connection. This is happening in all areas I have been to recently. Manchester, along M6 , M62, Scarborough and back up to home.

Found using Android Auto or Apple Play works so much better.

Car nice to drive but is very sluggish on take off and hills.

Good we don't have any hills here in the Netherlands. Can't wait for delivery in september

On 7/21/2022 at 12:18 PM, Keith Richardson said:

Took delivery 3 weeks ago, sat nav works when it wants, very rarely connects to Cloud. Technician at local Toyota garage clueless, now want car for a few days. Not impressed for a brand new car. 

Let us know what the technician says...I could do with a laugh !!🥺

On 7/21/2022 at 12:18 PM, Keith Richardson said:

Took delivery 3 weeks ago, sat nav works when it wants, very rarely connects to Cloud.

11 hours ago, Akuram said:

Exclusive sat-nav cannot be used as it constantly loses internet connection.

This is the problem when systems rely on an "always on" connection, in most areas I have lived there are many "not spots" so I always use Google maps having downloaded offline maps whilst on WiFi at home so I only need an internet connection for traffic data.

I must admit, I have seen the Battery on my Google Pixel 5 drain a bit faster since having the Aygo X.  I assume this is because the car and my phone are in constant contact !!! 

Also, I think I've mentioned it before, the charging pad does not keep up with the amount of power the phone is using when for example I have Google Maps running.  I tend to use the cable, which is a shame, as I do use wireless charging around the house.

However, still happy with the Aygo X.

ACP has the best Nav interface & Siri warns about Speeding & Speed Cameras.

In the X, my Cigar Lighter  Charger easily increases charge whilst powering ACP---+ 30% on a 15 mile trip.

In my NX, the car Charge Pad maintains my Phone charge level when using ACP.

The Wifi Dongle in the Lexus connects in 30 seconds & 45 seconds in the X

Never ever have ACP off.

Tel

27 minutes ago, BobbyMcLeish said:

I must admit, I have seen the battery on my Google Pixel 5 drain a bit faster since having the Aygo X.  I assume this is because the car and my phone are in constant contact !!! 

Also, I think I've mentioned it before, the charging pad does not keep up with the amount of power the phone is using when for example I have Google Maps running.  I tend to use the cable, which is a shame, as I do use wireless charging around the house.

However, still happy with the Aygo X.

Sorry, just to clarify my comment above. What I said in the first paragraph, I meant whilst AWAY from the car (for example being notified that I have left a car door open). This can obviously be disabled and just connect to the car via bluetooth when entering the car and disconnect completely when exiting the car and everything will work as normal.

I've said enough about the charging pad 🤐

After having the car in local Toyota Dealer for 4days, technician states sat nav depends on area and signal. Probably have to live with it. Downloaded Waze on phone and works perfectly. Car is superior to previous model. Also garage tried to charge £32 for courtesy car, obviously didn't pay.

3 hours ago, Keith Richardson said:

After having the car in local Toyota Dealer for 4days, technician states sat nav depends on area and signal. Probably have to live with it. Downloaded Waze on phone and works perfectly. Car is superior to previous model. Also garage tried to charge £32 for courtesy car, obviously didn't pay.

Interesting, surely a system that depends on area and signal is a waste of time. On mine the signal is there fine then is not in the same spot so how is that satisfactory.

20 minutes ago, Akuram said:

Interesting, surely a system that depends on area and signal is a waste of time. On mine the signal is there fine then is not in the same spot so how is that satisfactory.

To be honest, WHY do car manufacturers still have built in sat nav !!! It's ludicrous.  Obviously they can charge for map updates, but surely they should just all give in and give every car Google Maps and Apple CarPlay !! Just keep it simple !!

• Like 1

Strange from around 2000 if not earlier  MFG moved over to Applecarplay and Google maps but this comes up on your car info system but phone must be pluged in for Google maps.

If it wont come on wake your phone up first.

older systems are dropped now obsolete.