Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Service price increase

StreetHawk

I’ve read on another site that service prices are increasing across the board from 1st August.. any of our dealership guys on here able to confirm? 

• Thanks 1

Yikes, good thing I got the service in now!!

(Literally sitting in the dealer waiting room VPN'd over their open unencrypted WiFi (!!) as I type! :laugh: )

I'm not surprised most dealer employees are revolting..................... over pay as inflation hits, yada, yada {insert unpopular opinion here}

One reason to have a service plan - which fixes the service cost at the time the plan is taken out.

• Like 7

I sorted my 3 year service plan out when I collected my C-HR.

• Like 1

Just had a look on Toyota website and this is today's price for RAV4 HEV

image.thumb.png.af2eff24b4637bc13c98c8124b5e6031.png

Will call my dealer to confirm and buy service plan online, as it is for any Toyota dealer not a specific group

1 hour ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

One reason to have a service plan - which fixes the service cost at the time the plan is taken out.

Took a plan out on this morning on both my Corolla and my wife’s Yaris. Even if there isn’t an increase we can’t lose anything. 

On 7/22/2022 at 2:02 PM, Rav4ster said:

Will call my dealer to confirm and buy service plan online, as it is for any Toyota dealer not a specific group

Is that always the case? If you buy at the dealership it will lock you into that group?

On 7/22/2022 at 12:39 PM, FROSTYBALLS said:

Presumably just for the term of plan and the maximum is 3 years?

27 minutes ago, IT Troll said:

Presumably just for the term of plan and the maximum is 3 years?

Yes, and some members have taken out service plans for longer than 3 years. 

On 7/22/2022 at 12:29 PM, flash22 said:

I'm not surprised most dealer employees are revolting..................... over pay as inflation hits, yada, yada {insert unpopular opinion here}

I'm sure that they are not all that unpleasant!!!!!🤣🤣🤣

When I took out ours, I had the choice of supplying dealer or nationwide.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, davidif said:

I'm sure that they are not all that unpleasant!!!!!🤣🤣🤣

There are some good ones, but it seems they're being hogged by all the northerners! :laugh: 

Not many dealers with good reputations down south alas...

(Mine practically demanded I give them 5 stars in review despite not even getting the order right and generally making the purchasing experience so sour this may be the first and last new car I ever buy!)

• Like 1

I was told by the dealerships if you take out a service plan it cover any price increase during the term of the plan 

On 7/25/2022 at 7:20 PM, Leo63 said:

I was told by the dealerships if you take out a service plan it cover any price increase during the term of the plan 

I was told this too. It's one of the reasons I took out the plan.

On 7/25/2022 at 7:20 PM, Leo63 said:

Service costs are fixed at those in place when the service plan commences, and are fixed for the duration of the service plan.

I contacted my local dealership at the weekend asking for a quote. Still not heard back from them. I wonder if they are stalling for the increase. I've gone ahead and bought the plan online today.

On 7/26/2022 at 9:56 PM, Cyker said:

Different scenario as, according to the topic,  Toyota Ireland currently provide three free services - not a service plan - with the purchase of a new car.

• Like 2

Intermediate service now £230

Full service now £350

Not too much of an increase, glad I took the service plans.

• Sad 1

Yes prices increase each Year but then most things are increasing so garages are no diffrent unless you nailed them down with a price plan.

• Sad 1

It's depressing we've so quickly reached the point where the intermediate service is more expensive than the full service used to be when I had the Mk1 D4D!

If only my pay went up at the same speed!!!

13 minutes ago, Cyker said:

It's depressing we've so quickly reached the point where the intermediate service is more expensive than the full service used to be when I had the Mk1 D4D!

I mentioned in another topic that the Honda Concerto (the Honda version of the 1989-1995 Rover 200) we bought new in 1994 was the last car we had with 6 month/6,000 miles service intervals. In the 3.5 years we had it (late 94 to early 98) servicing cost us a total of just over £800 (and this was 1990's pricing). Quite expensive for the day!

• Like 4

Flippin' heck you're not kidding!!! Are you sure you didn't go to a Ferrari or Lamborghini service centre by mistake?? :laugh: 

£800 in '90s money... be not far off £2k in todays money! :eek:   For a Honda!!!! :wacko:

You're making it hard for me to complain about the service cost of my Yaris you know!! :laugh: 

• Like 1

Yes £800. Intermediate service at 6 months/6,000 miles, Full service at 12 months/12,000 miles, and so on.

For my model, the service plan pricing has changed to £220/£300. Last week it was £190/£310. Yep, full service went down slightly. 😕

My local dealer fixed price servicing has been listed at £230/£350 on their website for a number of weeks.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links