Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Mk4 Air filter intervals

Cyker

On 7/25/2022 at 10:20 AM, Starensis said:

As I mentioned - I will follow Manufacturer guidelines with servicing, however, the less we service, the better for us and environment. 

And to really stir the pot. Are all those lithium batteries kind to the environment? You know, those used in hybrid vehicles etc.. They make a massive impact in both manufacture, transporting and disposal. Not to mention the Earth's resources contained therein.

I'll get my coat now!

Oh, don't forget to disconnect the little glove box lid damper, if fitted, when accessing the pollen filter. I don't think it's been mentioned?

On 7/24/2022 at 9:35 PM, Cyker said:

Hmm I wonder if they do the charcoal ones for the Mk4...?

Yes they do 👍

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, mrpj1 said:

And to really stir the pot. Are all those lithium batteries kind to the environment? You know, those used in hybrid vehicles etc.. They make a massive impact in both manufacture, transporting and disposal. Not to mention the Earth's resources contained therein.

I'll get my coat now!

Oh, don't forget to disconnect the little glove box lid damper, if fitted, when accessing the pollen filter. I don't think it's been mentioned?

If they're recyclable, then that would help - yes. Hybrid batteries also last a lot longer than an oil filter and oil. 👍

To be honest, if anyone is serious about the environment they shouldn't even own a car, esp. if they live in a city!

Some of these EV evangelists really get on my wick the way they harp on about the environment but then change cars every time a new EV comes out - By doing so they are already responsible for far more environmental damage and resource depletion than the bloke with his 20+ year old diesel that they're probably haranguing!

It's something I realized getting the Mk4 - It's never going to make up for the pollution and resources involved in its creation, or even its purchase cost, vs my old Mk1 D4D, so I can't really say I bought it for environmental reasons. Anyone who thinks that when buying a new car has basically failed to achieve that goal from the start!

(That said, in my case I didn't buy it for environmental reasons, but rather political and driver-gouging ones (KHAAAAAN!) as I'm under no illusions of it being good for then environment... At best, just less bad...)

• Like 2

Agreed with cyker 👍 Keeping the car as long as possible is the best way for the environment, not best for the economy and perhaps this has already been more important to whoever has the right to decide. 🙂

• Like 1

Yeah... while the day-to-day running costs are lower in the Mk4 (Or would be if fuel prices hadn't shot up; As it is it's just cancelled out the price rises!), the money I spent buying the Mk4 would have been able to fuel, tax, insure and maintain my Mk1 D4D well past its expected lifetime!

So it doesn't make economic OR environmental sense!!

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links