Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

PHEV... Current EV range poll

Nick72

Hi Each,

Just wondering what EV range you are getting on the PHEV.

I'm getting pretty close to the guessometer at the moment which is well more than the 46 mile Toyota claim. Fall slightly short of that figure in the winter but winters are pretty mild here in the NW England (exposed to South Westerly winds from the Irish Sea and Atlantic so it's generally wet _ raining here most of the time since Friday).

Screenshot_20220726-221709_MyT.jpg

56.7 miles range is the exact same figure I got when charging to 100% last night. I've had the car since 1st March so no winter driving yet. Overall I am seeing an average of 3.4 miles/KWh for the 5 months since then. Well pleased 😊

• Like 1

Similar figure here. Although actually getting 43 miles running. My commute involves a bit of a roller coaster ride in the Highlands though.

• Like 2

Only had the car a week. Started at 43 and tonight its fully charged and showing 48.6.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, adamtoonarmy said:

Only had the car a week. Started at 43 and tonight its fully charged and showing 48.6.

This will build as the car in run and the milage ticks up, I believe it's a traction Battery conditioning phase. The car is also assessing your driving style and the prediction will include this as time goes on.

Currently I see 59miles non A/C and 57.something with A/C.  Overall seasonal average I'd say is pretty close to the Toyota stated spec of 46miles. This would give me some hope the the spec for say the bZ4x might come close to the spec'd range averaged out over the year BUT that would mean restricted range in the winter colder months. Mind you if global heating continues that may not be a problem but Toyota might need to consider an option for attaching an outboard motor. 😇

• Like 2

I get 54-57 miles (with AC) claimed range on a full charge. I think the longest measured actual range I've got is 52-53 miles, but most of my trips are less than that. Certainly very happy with the EV range, it fits my requirements very well.

• Like 1

Fully charged range is currently 56 miles, getting an actual of anything between 50 and the suggested 56.

• Like 1

This a screen shot of mine for today charged overnight.

E3472037-B832-4AF4-B5FE-5F540B2752F5.png

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Lawnmowerman said:

Similar figure here. Although actually getting 43 miles running. My commute involves a bit of a roller coaster ride in the Highlands though.

This is my experience also. Not Highlands, but my commute & my wife's journey to & fro to her parents is particularly hilly terrain. Today's fully charged indicated range is 55.8 (obv with AC - I don't really understand the point of the other rnage figure, as if you turn AC off and roll windows/sunroof down it'll kill you aerodynamics so you'll never get a better range anyway!), but I usually get 42-45 in practice. 

• Like 3

In practice my summer range is 46-48 miles per charge. That is the figure that matters to me, theoretical range is like manufacturers alleged mpg figures which are usually pie in the sky. 

• Like 1

On 7/26/2022 at 10:44 PM, Hayzee said:

56.7 miles range is the exact same figure I got when charging to 100% last night. I've had the car since 1st March so no winter driving yet. Overall I am seeing an average of 3.4 miles/KWh for the 5 months since then. Well pleased 😊

Awesome 

On 7/26/2022 at 10:52 PM, Lawnmowerman said:

That can push the range down especially if you're slowing down then speeding up a lot around the twisty narrow roads. Great view though.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, ernieb said:

This a screen shot of mine for today charged overnight.

E3472037-B832-4AF4-B5FE-5F540B2752F5.png

That's great going Ernie.

I want to try to make an effort to see how high I can get it. I've tried and start off well intentioned until some nob in a BMW or Audi is planning to cut me off. At which point it goes into hybrid sport for a while and messes up my plans from then on.😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

10 hours ago, Flatcoat said:

In practice my summer range is 46-48 miles per charge. That is the figure that matters to me, theoretical range is like manufacturers alleged mpg figures which are usually pie in the sky. 

I don't know. I'm getting pretty close to the guessometer value based off the odometer. Although to be fair I only do this check on a long single run from full charge to empty Battery so I'm more likely than not to be going at constant speed in 40 or 50mph run. 

52 on the dash after a full charge. Can usually get 48 in real world ECO driving. Half that when pushing air resistance on the outside lane of the motorway though 🙃

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Bill65 said:

52 on the dash after a full charge. Can usually get 48 in real world ECO driving. Half that when pushing air resistance on the outside lane of the motorway though 🙃

Interesting point. I've given up on ECO and leave it in normal. I've seen little or no difference in EV range or driving feel/performance in ECO while in EV mode. However, it is a much more noticeable difference in economy and driving feel in HV mode.

Thoughts?

• Like 1

I tend to use ECO mode for the majority of my driving occasionally use Normal which will boost the A/C or Heating system over ECO mode. I think if you use Normal mode but still have a light RH foot and anticipate traffic lights, roundabouts and junctions then you can get similar results. It’s the heavy use of acceleration/ braking that will drive down the economy.

Overall it’s driving style, temperature, load that drives economy which is no different to any other form of propulsion.

• Like 1

Yeah the 3 modes just change the accelerator pedal response, they don't actually make the car more economical or powerful; Everything it does can be done by your right-foot...

• Like 1

It may just be perception but it "feels" like it's holding back a little in ECO Vs Normal in HV mode but I don't get the same sensation in EV mode.

• Like 1

1 month old, 900miles all S. Coast UK, EV range on overnight charge 50-53miles.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Cyker said:

Yeah the 3 modes just change the accelerator pedal response, they don't actually make the car more economical or powerful; Everything it does can be done by your right-foot...

It's interesting to switch modes with your foot on the accelerator and feel the jump in acceleration or deceleration as it changes to a different throttle response curve.

Doesn't the steering weight change between modes? I may be imagining that or mixing up with my past Merc.

6 hours ago, nlee said:

It may just be perception but it "feels" like it's holding back a little in ECO Vs Normal in HV mode but I don't get the same sensation in EV mode.

Could be that the throttle response curve doesn't end at the same power point. Wonder also if it changes the traction control. I need to try to see if I get any less wheel spin in Eco mode 😂

• Haha 1

The steering seems to have more weight in sport mode than it does in ECO or Normal. 
May just be my imagination though. 

• Like 1

On 7/27/2022 at 11:12 PM, Nick72 said:

That can push the range down especially if you're slowing down then speeding up a lot around the twisty narrow roads. Great view though.

No single track here 😀. To be fair, part of it is a seven mile stretch of dual carriageway (still up and down though) - no motorways up here though.

And the scenery is vey pleasant.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Lawnmowerman said:

No single track here 😀. To be fair, part of it is a seven mile stretch of dual carriageway (still up and down though) - no motorways up here though.

And the scenery is vey pleasant.

Best part of the world along with the Lake District. When the sun shines there's no better sky.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links