Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

MY19 1.8h TS - Carplay update apparently done by dealer before dispatch but not connecting

Goob

Received our MY19 1.8h TS Design this morning, and aside from a missing wheel-well repair kit insert, a boat load of cosmetic defects and the worst external valet I've ever seen, Carplay is definitely not working. Tried three genuine Apple lightning cables and a Belkin for good measure and nothing happens when plugged in, either at phone or car. Can't find reference to Carplay/Android Auto in car settings either. Simplest explanation would be that the dealer just didn't do the update but they assure us they did, despite being unable to advise why it's not working.

Is there anything else that needs to happen for this activate? Or are there some model-years/specs where the update doesn't 'take' for any reason? Grateful for any known tips/fixes before I take it into the local branch of the network we purchased from. I'm close to rejecting the car anyway but if there's any potential for ongoing issues with the infotainment system then it's definitely going back. Many thanks in advance,

Search for topic "Proof my 2019 touch2 mm17 has been upgraded", it might help.

In the multimedia car settings it will show whether you have access to Carplay/Android Auto on display.

According to multimedia type MM17,MM19 etc the information display you require will be slightly different.

Newer  multimedia versions have a "projections" setting or similar name displayed. You have Carplay.

Older upgraded MM17 multimedia settings have a "preferred service" setting displayed. You have Carplay.

• Like 1

• Like 1

Just a thought: Are you plugging in to the USB socket on the dashboard? The USB socket in the glove box is only for charging.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Geoff W said:

Just a thought: Are you plugging in to the USB socket on the dashboard? The USB socket in the glove box is only for charging.

Yep, plugged into the port to the side of centre console

6 hours ago, beeblebrox said:

Search for topic "Proof my 2019 touch2 mm17 has been upgraded", it might help.

In the multimedia car settings it will show whether you have access to Carplay/Android Auto on display.

According to multimedia type MM17,MM19 etc the information display you require will be slightly different.

Newer  multimedia versions have a "projections" setting or similar name displayed. You have Carplay.

Older upgraded MM17 multimedia settings have a "preferred service" setting displayed. You have Carplay.

5 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Thanks both. Checked and definitely not there. Dealer seemed convinced they’d done it though so no idea what’s going on

13 hours ago, Goob said:

Thanks both. Checked and definitely not there. Dealer seemed convinced they’d done it though so no idea what’s going on

Dealers being convinced that they have sorted the multimedia is a bit of a recurring theme.😭

On 7/26/2022 at 10:55 PM, Goob said:

Received our MY19 1.8h TS Design this morning, and aside from a missing wheel-well repair kit insert, a boat load of cosmetic defects and the worst external valet I've ever seen, Carplay is definitely not working. Tried three genuine Apple lightning cables and a Belkin for good measure and nothing happens when plugged in, either at phone or car. Can't find reference to Carplay/Android Auto in car settings either. Simplest explanation would be that the dealer just didn't do the update but they assure us they did, despite being unable to advise why it's not working.

Is there anything else that needs to happen for this activate? Or are there some model-years/specs where the update doesn't 'take' for any reason? Grateful for any known tips/fixes before I take it into the local branch of the network we purchased from. I'm close to rejecting the car anyway but if there's any potential for ongoing issues with the infotainment system then it's definitely going back. Many thanks in advance,

Can you post a photo of the software update screen, press setup, on RH menu set scroll down to software update.

11 hours ago, Devon Aygo said:

Can you post a photo of the software update screen, press setup, on RH menu set scroll down to software update.

Shows nothing in the update history. Guessing that means it's not been done?

65F7E0D2-AED4-4D12-954F-196015E7BDCF.jpeg

D065D83D-4699-4A41-8EB7-2E05C09DF272.jpeg

12 hours ago, RabButler said:

Dealers being convinced that they have sorted the multimedia is a bit of a recurring theme.😭

Given the extent of the service campaign I'd have thought they'd be well practiced?

By way of an update: thanks very much for the advice on this one. It clearly hasn't been done and subsequent calls with the dealer and their general attitude post-sale suggests that they're simply lying to us about it.

That said, they've also refused to address the lengthy list of defects and have opted instead to take the car back. The list of issues includes loud rotational rumble from rear axle, CC that doesn't get cold and stinks of bacterial/fungal contamination, badly damaged front splitter, countless chips and deep scratches, damaged CC facia trim, missing wheel-well insert, faulty passenger light switch and a liberal splattering of tar, tree sap and other contaminants.

Buyer beware and all that, and don't buy a car you've not seen... even an 'approved' one.

17 hours ago, Goob said:

By way of an update: thanks very much for the advice on this one. It clearly hasn't been done and subsequent calls with the dealer and their general attitude post-sale suggests that they're simply lying to us about it.

That said, they've also refused to address the lengthy list of defects and have opted instead to take the car back. The list of issues includes loud rotational rumble from rear axle, CC that doesn't get cold and stinks of bacterial/fungal contamination, badly damaged front splitter, countless chips and deep scratches, damaged CC facia trim, missing wheel-well insert, faulty passenger light switch and a liberal splattering of tar, tree sap and other contaminants.

Buyer beware and all that, and don't buy a car you've not seen... even an 'approved' one.

May have been a bit hasty on this and accept that something odd may have happened to cause the upgrade to fail, however, considered against the dealer's conduct in every other regard, nothing would surprise me. Thanks again for advice. Just need to find find another car and swallow the lost time on this one.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links