Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota auris 2015(station wagon) tank full after 37.5liters

Raj12345

I recently bought a toyota auris 2015 stationwagon. I understood from the dealer that the tank capacity is 50 liters. I filled the tank after the fuel indicator came. The tank gets full after filling 30 - 37 liters (depending how much I used after the indicator). 37 liters is when the system says 25km to the petrol station.

I do not understand this. Does that mean there is still 13 liters in the tank? And why the system says 25 kms for 13 liters when the milage indicator says 5-6 liters for 100km.

Depending which version you have the tank capacity would be either 45 or 50 litres, and the reserve when the low fuel light comes on is around 7.5 litres. Suspect you may have the 45 litre tank as the reserve fits with you not being able to fill up more than 37 litres.

25km until empty actually means 25km until reserve fuel kicks in. As Frotstyballs said, reserve is around 7.5L, so you would be good to drive for 60 miles or more, with the board computer saying 0 km left.

Sounds about right: when the red light comes on, 37 L is about the most I've ever managed to put in the tank. The manual says the fuel indicator comes on when the tank in the hybrid has 6.8L of fuel in it. 

Hybrids has a smaller tank of 42 litres only. You don’t need to wait until light comes on to refuel, just when fuel gauge shows lower than half fill up again. 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, TonyHSD said:

Hybrids has a smaller tank of 42 litres only. You don’t need to wait until light comes on to refuel, just when fuel gauge shows lower than half fill up again. 

I used to wait for the fuel light (about 30 miles remaining for me). However, since the fuel shortages last year, I've never let the gauge fall below a quarter. 

• Like 1

Just now, mcntosh said:

I used to wait for the fuel light (about 30 miles remaining for me). However, since the fuel shortages last year, I've never let the gauge fall below a quarter. 

You are safe to drive like that, once I drove around 40 miles since the range went to 0 and then I managed to fill up 40.9 ltr. Scary situations but I had no choice. I won’t do it again though. Better have some fuel in the car than leave it every time almost empty. 👍

• Like 1

Don't ever let your Hybrid run out of fuel, it will cost you a lot of time and money 

When the gauge gets low, fill it up, simples 

• Like 1

Just now, TonyHSD said:

You are safe to drive like that, once I drove around 40 miles since the range went to 0 and then I managed to fill up 40.9 ltr. Scary situations but I had no choice. I won’t do it again though. Better have some fuel in the car than leave it every time almost empty. 👍

Once the light came on, I'd not panic about it but refuel at the next opportunity. Fortunately, I think the furthest I've ever been from a petrol station was about 15 miles.

For me, 40 miles left would be  nerve-shredding levels of fuel light bingo 😃

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Parts-King said:

Don't ever let your Hybrid run out of fuel, it will cost you a lot of time and money 

When the gauge gets low, fill it up, simples 

Indeed, this video shows why running out of fuel is a very bad idea. If the hybrid Battery charge is too low, and the petrol engine can't charge it, the hybrid system won't start, in order to protect itself.

If you keep trying to start it, it'll start throwing error codes and won't start even if you put petrol in.

At that point, probably your only option is to get it towed to a dealer and get them to clear the codes and charge the Battery

Edited by mcntosh

Correct, and the HV Battery is not charged via a normal charger, it's a special tool that is hired in from Toyota, you will pay a heavy price to get it back on the road 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

The Yaris is even smaller - 30-something litres!

I still haven't quite gotten used to the pump clicking off so fast, usually only after 26-28 litres!

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links