Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Suggestions for Dashcam fit on corolla hybrid 2019

Tyfan

Thinking of fitting front/rear Dashcams. Is there a problem with a Hybrid Corolla?

Not if there wired in correctly.

Toyota dealers offer Nextbase front or front & rear dash cams hard wired in.

25 minutes ago, forkingabout said:

Not if there wired in correctly.

Toyota dealers offer Nextbase front or front & rear dash cams hard wired in.

Thanks for the info. I was concerned regarding Hybrid and Battery drain. I suppose Insurance check regarding Modification too.

I fitted a Nextbase 422GW dash cam with a Nextbase rear camera and a Nextbase hardwire kit  which used the power socket fuse which was piggy back at the fuse box which is located under the glove box. I had no problems with the dab radio etc. I did have a Back Vue dash cam at first but I had problems with it which was due to low voltage with the Corolla on start up. I have been happy with the Nextbase which I have removed it and it been fitted in my new CHR and it is working a treat still. I also inform my insurance company and I have not had a problem as the dash cam works as the silence witness for the insurance company.

Nextbase 522gw front and rear camera with the hardwire kit(piggyback) installed on a corolla ts.  

No problems recorded even after the car was unused for several days. The Dashcam has parking mode on which works very well, which is very sensitive to shocks. 

The biggest issue was finding an accessible bolt to attach the earth wire. For the life of me I couldn't find one under the dashboard so I had to run the earth cable all the way in the back to the boot and use the tether bolt to secure the said wire, which luckly was long enough. 

I have the Nextbase 620 front and rear cameras in my 2022 Corolla saloon. I fitted them initially in the Corolla I bought in 2020 and just swapped them over. As mentioned in previous replies, the camera was piggyback wired to the fuse box under the glove box, although, unlike Philip @PRusI found an earthing point in the front passenger foot well. (I think I notified the Insurance company 🤔).

On 7/27/2022 at 4:40 PM, Leo63 said:

I fitted a Nextbase 422GW dash cam with a Nextbase rear camera and a Nextbase hardwire kit  which used the power socket fuse which was piggy back at the fuse box which is located under the glove box. I had no problems with the dab radio etc. I did have a Back Vue dash cam at first but I had problems with it which was due to low voltage with the Corolla on start up. I have been happy with the Nextbase which I have removed it and it been fitted in my new CHR and it is working a treat still. I also inform my insurance company and I have not had a problem as the dash cam works as the silence witness for the insurance company.

Thank you, the garage and I will have a chat.

13 hours ago, dannyboy413 said:

I have the Nextbase 620 front and rear cameras in my 2022 Corolla saloon. I fitted them initially in the Corolla I bought in 2020 and just swapped them over. As mentioned in previous replies, the camera was piggyback wired to the fuse box under the glove box, although, unlike Philip @PRusI found an earthing point in the front passenger foot well. (I think I notified the Insurance company 🤔).

I have a Service/1st MOT in September booked so will see if a deal is to be done at same time. Thank you.

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you for your suggestions Guys. I have had a discussion with the dealer. He quoted £312 supply and fit. Front and rear an told me they take the power supply after the ignition switch. This means that you can not use the Dashcam when Engine is off. The"Hobby" Battery as he described it, in a Hybrid would not stand the drain. It is a "Next Base" camera front/rear but did not know the Model. Affixed to Screen left of sensor unit , clear of "Dotted Area." so not "Integrated on bottom of sensor unit.  Oh and unlike the "Appleplay" software upgrade offered at £50, if done with a Service, no such offer on Dashcams.  I think pricey and thinking about it

On 8/20/2022 at 7:15 PM, Tyfan said:

Thank you for your suggestions Guys. I have had a discussion with the dealer. He quoted £312 supply and fit. Front and rear an told me they take the power supply after the ignition switch. This means that you can not use the Dashcam when Engine is off. The"Hobby" Battery as he described it, in a Hybrid would not stand the drain. It is a "Next Base" camera front/rear but did not know the Model. Affixed to Screen left of sensor unit , clear of "Dotted Area." so not "Integrated on bottom of sensor unit.  Oh and unlike the "Appleplay" software upgrade offered at £50, if done with a Service, no such offer on Dashcams.  I think pricey and thinking about it

If you have the Dashcam fitted can you report back and let us know if it interferes with the lowering of the sunshade.  

Had a Blackvue DR900X Plus 2ch installed in our 2020 Swace and no issues so far. I was told the key is to set the low-voltage cutoff high enough to avoid Battery issues or the car getting unhappy. Cutoff is set to 12.5v on ours and seems to be giving around 3 hours time lapse recording in parking mode before shutting down so while that's enough for most supermarket carparks I'll probably fit a dedicated Battery pack to cover longer periods, i.e. overnight or when parked on-street.

On 8/20/2022 at 7:15 PM, Tyfan said:

The Toyota approved Nextbase 380GWX kit includes the optional hardwire kit & Optional Battery pack to power the "parking mode" should you choose to use it when the ignition is off.

3 hours ago, Devon Aygo said:

The Toyota approved Nextbase 380GWX kit includes the optional hardwire kit & Optional battery pack to power the "parking mode" should you choose to use it when the ignition is off.

Lee

Does the 380GW include the Battery too?