Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2005 corolla tsport face-lift not hitting lift

saf hussain

I have just recently changed my timing chain and lift bolt and now my car won't go over 5rpm when I try hitting lift what could it be or what shall I check any advice would be appreciated 

51 minutes ago, saf hussain said:

I have just recently changed my timing chain and lift bolt and now my car won't go over 5rpm when I try hitting lift what could it be or what shall I check any advice would be appreciated 

This clip from AMD  should prove useful as if you have undertaken the change of belt correctly 

Mine is a chain and the mechanic I have got it done from is a Toyota specalist and he has double checked it and everything is on point as he says 

• Like 1

Check the resistance and wiring of the OCV aka lift solenoid also check and clean its filter (front left of the head)

Did he change the timing chain tensioner also

Yeah he changed the full timing chain and tensioner and also new water pump and seals and also the lift bolts aswell 

7 hours ago, flash22 said:

Check the resistance and wiring of the OCV aka lift solenoid also check and clean its filter (front left of the head)

Have you got a diagram or anything to show we're it is 

11 hours ago, flash22 said:

@saf hussain i was thinking of a different engine, the OCV that is pictured above is for the VVT, the lift control is on the right side of the head (remove the battery to gain access)

it has its own filter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjsLK16mdEw

Is the celica still the same set up as the corolla 

Yeah same setup only with the corolla,just place a rag underneath as when you remove it a bit of oil will come out,there is a couple of videos on YouTube of remove it and cleaning 

yes, 2zzge vvtl-i used in loads of Toyota's and Lotus'

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links