Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Newish car swap!

annaban

My Yaris Dynamic is 7 months old. I'm paying interest free finance. They now want to give me the opportunity to have a new car at less monthly than I  am paying now. My car is worth more than I paid for it. What's the catch???

• Like 1

There isn't one.  They get a used car they can sell at a profit, you get a new one.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, annaban said:

My Yaris Dynamic is 7 months old. I'm paying interest free finance. They now want to give me the opportunity to have a new car at less monthly than I  am paying now. My car is worth more than I paid for it. What's the catch???

The Honda CRV that I traded in for a ex-demo Aygo in February this year was worth more as a trade in then than it did three years earlier.  Long lead times and chip shortages are some of the reasons but second hand car prices are high but it has to end sometime.

• Like 1

All i will say is if you do go for, it looks at the terms in the finance contract it may look cheaper on paper, but you may find it's over 48 months rather than 36 as an example - also newer deals are not at 0%

You also need the agreed value of your car in writing

• Like 2

The catch is you need to wait like a year for the new car to arrive :laugh: 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

My last deal and current are 42 months. Lower repayment and change around 30 months. 

• Like 1

Car buying sites are offering £2k more for our MK4 Design than we paid for it! 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Like 4

6 hours ago, annaban said:

One other catch - there isn’t any 0% finance now either. Think it’s 1.9% now.

• Like 3

Weirdly, my dealer is still offering 0% but only for the Yaris and Yaris Cross for some reason, so it'd be worth checking with them what offers they still have on.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, annaban said:

That is the point.  Even if the interest rate is different you are paying less for a newer car. 

My payments will rise by £26 but includes the servicing package that I was previously pay £26 per month for. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, annaban said:

I expect you'll end up paying more for a new one, unless you find an old banger!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

One thing I thought of was if interest rates are more on the new contract then you may be paying less off the capital and so not build up as much equity.

That said they always massage the figures anyway so when you come to trade in the next time they'll fudge whatever is needed to keep your custom.

• Like 1

On 7/31/2022 at 7:49 PM, Cyker said:

Weirdly, my dealer is still offering 0% but only for the Yaris and Yaris Cross for some reason, so it'd be worth checking with them what offers they still have on.

Which dealer is this can u let me know. 

• Like 1

Enfield Jemca, but I don't know if they still are now!

They don't even make it in the top 5 of carwow quotes back. So no saving compared to Jemca Bromley, Curries Kingston and Woodford Green are top 3 with £2170 saving.

• Like 1

Give Jemca Bromley a wide birth they will take your money and that's it, zero aftersales

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

To be fair I don't think any of the dealers in the south east have a record for good customer service!

• Like 2

While checking at carwow website and fiddling with quotes, found out that JBL tech pack can be order with the Yaris cross! I dont want the cross tho 🥺

It was dependent on model but avaible on some models as a extra.

After saying that new current line up has changed.

1 hour ago, Mojo1010 said:

While checking at carwow website and fiddling with quotes, found out that JBL tech pack can be order with the Yaris cross! I dont want the cross tho 🥺

Ahh, a man of good taste! (IMHO) :laugh: 

• Haha 1