Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Faulty front screen washers - 10 reg

Mac012

We have had the car for 7 years and replaced the front drivers side washer jet valve in September 2020 and it appears to have gone again.  Is this a known fault for IQ's at approx. £70.00 a pop?

What are you using for screenwash? Pre-mixed, concentrate diluted, washing up liquid diluted ......? If mixing your own solution, do you live in a hard water area?

• Like 1

Yes to hard water, could put a descaler through the system!

• Thanks 1

Probably be better off using pre-mixed screenwash in the summer, and concentrate with or without filtered water, depending on what % you need, in the winter. 

• Like 1

Is the pump working ? There is a one way valve these block when you use cheap screenwash - no issues in 12+ years using Autoglym screenwash - The water around here is so hard it comes out of the tap wanting a fight

one way valve 85321-28020

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I second the one way valve, I sell ten times more one way valves than washer jets 

• Like 2

• 10 months later...

Just had to replace my check valve. It only cost me a fiver. You can check if this is your root cause by switching the pipe connections around where they come out of the valve assembly. If the blocked jet has now changed sides, it's your check valve.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08L8MPHF1?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

I realise this is an old topic but just had the same problem, diagnosed as the valve 85321 28020 and 

stupidly just ordered the first one I found (ebay), fitted and tried it, all ok, 5 days later failure, not worth sending

back so have ordered another from a different supplier, hopefully will resolve it.

kind regards

Chris

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links