Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Software update to navigation system...issues

Spurty30

So my corolla MY22 announced there was a software update due did I want it to update? Clicked yes and away it went. It was to update the media system and sat nav .fter the update I cannot search any destinations in the sat nav, it just stays on search and does nothing. Anyone else seeing this? Dealer trip tomorrow I guess.

Not been made aware by MY22 system of an update 

I also have not been made aware of an update. How did you get the notification @Spurty30?

exactly why are  systems bean updated?

Are you able to return to old softwear as I presume you can back up systems before installing.

You know what they say old bugs out new bugs in.

On 8/1/2022 at 10:09 PM, Spurty30 said:

So my corolla MY22 announced there was a software update due did I want it to update? Clicked yes and away it went. It was to update the media system and sat nav .fter the update I cannot search any destinations in the sat nav, it just stays on search and does nothing. Anyone else seeing this? Dealer trip tomorrow I guess.

What version of software is now shown as installed.?

Same issue with me after an update

If you hold the power button this will reset the infotainment system and sorts (temporarily) the issue.

I've noticed if you search an address with a voice command it works, manually doesn't 

Annoying, isn't it

9 hours ago, Niky said:

Same issue with me after an update

If you hold the power button this will reset the infotainment system and sorts (temporarily) the issue.

I've noticed if you search an address with a voice command it works, manually doesn't 

Annoying, isn't it

I can confirm I get the same.

19 hours ago, Derek.w said:

exactly why are  systems bean updated?

Are you able to return to old softwear as I presume you can back up systems before installing.

You know what they say old bugs out new bugs in.

It's an OTA (over the air) pushed update, no you can't roll it back

On 8/2/2022 at 10:36 PM, Devon Aygo said:

What version of software is now shown as installed.?

@Devon Aygo How do you check what version you have installed on MY22? Mine just says "No updates available" and has nothing in the history.

23 hours ago, eyemdee said:

@Devon Aygo How do you check what version you have installed on MY22? Mine just says "No updates available" and has nothing in the history.

Apologies I got totally confused and gave you info for a Yaris Cross.

To view latest installed version press settings cog, software update & history 

16 minutes ago, Devon Aygo said:

To conform which version is installed press the settings Cog, select System tab, scroll down to Software update here you should see System name, Currant software version & serial number.

I don't have a System tab in Settings. Software Update is in the Main Settings Menu and doesn't give this information. There is a blue link to Model Info which tells me the model ID is 00000109255 and then lists several different software versions  (** SW) ranging from 1001 to 2421

40 minutes ago, eyemdee said:

I don't have a System tab in Settings. Software Update is in the Main Settings Menu and doesn't give this information. There is a blue link to Model Info which tells me the model ID is 00000109255 and then lists several different software versions  (** SW) ranging from 1001 to 2421

5 minutes ago, Devon Aygo said:

Thanks for your help again Lee. There is nothing in history at all. I collected the car on June 13th. It is now trying to download a software update but keeps failing with unable to update software please try later, Error 110.

1 minute ago, eyemdee said:

Thanks for your help again Lee. There is nothing in history at all. I collected the car on June 13th. It is now trying to download a software update but keeps failing with unable to update software please try later, Error 110.

Sounds like a corrupted download I think you are going to have to go to your dealer and get them to install the update via USB to correct the corruption

• 1 month later...

I assume we are talking about the latest 2022 Head unit (all touchscreen).

I’ve also had this problem and it’s still ongoing.

I was told by the dealer that they had found two other cars with the same issue and that another software update would become available to fix this, but that was 3 weeks ago.. Not too impressed😕.

(However, voice activated searches still work).

4 hours ago, Andy N said:

I assume we are talking about the latest 2022 Head unit (all touchscreen).

I’ve also had this problem and it’s still ongoing.

I was told by the dealer that they had found two other cars with the same issue and that another software update would become available to fix this, but that was 3 weeks ago.. Not too impressed😕.

(However, voice activated searches still work).

Yes it is the 2022 head unit. Mine updated successfully on 9th September and some other members' cars did at about the same time. There is a thread entitled Error Code 110 in this forum where there is more information about this.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, eyemdee said:

Yes it is the 2022 head unit. Mine updated successfully on 9th September and some other members' cars did at about the same time. There is a thread entitled Error Code 110 in this forum where there is more information about this.

On 10/4/2022 at 12:55 PM, eyemdee said:

Mmm - My problem is not that I couldnt apply the update.
The update downloaded and installed sucessfully but rendered the Sat-Nav text search unusable.
Since then, no further updates have become available.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
It's going to be another call to the dealership tomorrow.

2 hours ago, Andy N said:

The update downloaded and installed sucessfully but rendered the Sat-Nav text search unusable.

Have you tried the voice search? I used it a couple of times and it recognised both addresses immedately. Its easier than typing!

3 hours ago, eyemdee said:

Have you tried the voice search? I used it a couple of times and it recognised both addresses immedately. Its easier than typing!

Thanks. Yes - Voice search works fine. Just like to use the keyboard - Call me old-fashioned.  🙂

BTW, ‘hand written’ searches don’t work either.

I also have trouble with a search after the last update.
Voice search here in Slovenia is not usable 🙂

42 minutes ago, Andy N said:

Thanks. Yes - Voice search works fine. Just like to use the keyboard - Call me old-fashioned.  🙂

BTW, ‘hand written’ searches don’t work either.

I don’t think I have tried searching with the keyboard since the update so will have a go tomorrow. 

15 hours ago, Andy N said:

Are you trying to use the keyboard while moving?

9 hours ago, Kental said:

Are you trying to use the keyboard while moving?

Thanks, but no - The probem exists, even when in 'Park'

• Like 1