• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JappyBeast

• Roytoner

• dawesy

• jerry phipps

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

picturing Jappy sitting behind a knocked-over table with a pot on his head and flyswats in hands waiting for it to appear :P

seen a guys thumb who got bit by one after 9 days (god only knows why he left itr so long)

Been watching too many films of late...

no was in the paper a few weeks ago also seen it on rotten.com

wish you would have put that in gold or at least slap a big warning on those pics. :rolleyes:

where the hell does this hand like spider go when I cant find him?

You shouldn't have asked devil-smiley-029.gif .........So possibiltys:

In your shoes

In your bed

In your favorite coffe cup OR beer mug

Under the rim of the toilet (your screwed next time you wanna take a dump!!)

Behind the pillows on the couch

In the shower

To be honest your not safe anywhere!!

image2.JPG

Cheers

KiwiMR2

This is all not good

Hehehehe....it might come and give ya a birthday kiss ;)

Cheers

KiwiMR2

yeah ive a big mo-fo out my back porch that i feed also,lol :lol:

my brother is a panel beater out in oz and he often get's in jeep type thing's that have been out in the bush for years e.t.c.,anyway about two years ago he got one in that needed a new fuel tank and rear quater panel, so when they cut out the old one(fuel tank) out poped a family of funnel webs,about four of them and trust me they all sh*t themselves in the garage,and i dont blame them.those funnel webs are  killers :fear:

Have you seen the size of the funnel web? I always thought they were small but they are like tarantulas, there was a prog on Discovery about insects and they discussed the deadliest insects on the planet, the ones with the worst bites and stings and who knows which insect kills more people than any other on the planet??

BTW the guy proved that funnel webs are not the viscious cold blooded attackers that they are made out to be, he had one walk across his hand, several times, and he proved they will only attack if threatened.

One of the worst spiders is one that lives in water in a bubble of air, it lies on the bottom of pools of water and is very poisonous, but if you have access to the anti-veneem these days unless you are very allergic you won't die.

So then which insect is responsible for more deaths than any other on the planet?

A true story and its source was the Australian Quarantine Inspection Service in Adelaide.

A bloke and his family were on holidays in the United States and went to Mexico for a week. An avid cactus fan, the man bought a one-metre high, rare and expensive cactus there. On arrival back home Australian Customs said it must be quarantined for 3 months.

He finally got his cactus home. Planted it in his backyard, and over time it grew to about 2 metres. One evening while watering his garden after a warm spring day, he gave the cactus a light spray. He was amazed to see the plant shiver all over, he gave it another spray and it shivered again. He was puzzled so he rang the council who put him on to the state Gardens people. After a few transfers he got the states foremost cactus expert who asked him many questions. How tall is it? Has it flowered? Etc. Finally he asked the most disturbing question. "Is your family in the House?" the bloke answered yes. The cactus expert said get out of the house NOW, get on to the front nature strip and wait for me; I will be there in 20 minutes.

Fifteen minutes later, 2 fire trucks, 2 police cars and an ambulance came screaming around the corner. A fireman got out and asked "Are you the bloke with the cactus?" I am, he said. A guy jumped out of the fire truck wearing what looked like a space suit, a breathing cylinder and mask attached to what looked like a scuba backpack with a large hose attached. He headed for the backyard and turned a flame-thrower on the cactus spraying it up and down. After a few minutes the flame-thrower man stopped, the cactus stood smoking and spitting, half the fence was burnt and parts of the gardens were well and truly scorched. Just then the cactus expert appeared and laid a calming hand on the bloke's shoulder. "What the hell's going on? He says. "Let me show you" says the cactus man. He went over to the cactus and picked away a crusty bit, the cactus was almost entirely hollow and filled with tiger striped bird-eating tarantula spiders, each about the size of two hand spans.

The story was that this type of spider lays eggs in this type of Cactus and they hatch and live in it as they grow to full size. When full size they release themselves. The cactus just explodes and about 150 huge hairy spiders are flung from it, dispersing everywhere. They had been ready to pop. The aftermath was that the house and the

Adjoining houses had to be vacated and fumigated: police tape was put up outside the whole area and no one was allowed in for two weeks.

And here's what one of them looks like spider :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

God Damn thats a big Mo Fu.

I hate spiders there is no need for them to be in this country AT ALLLLLLLLL. :help:

Kill the mother f**ker, it would you :!Removed!:

mowahahahahahahahahahahahahaha... :lol::lol::lol:

damn thats some scary stuff daktari!!

but i gotta laugh at this

are you the bloke with the cactus

:lol:

not often you get asked that! :lol:

Have you seen the size of the funnel web? I always thought they were small but they are like tarantulas, there was a prog on Discovery about insects and they discussed the deadliest insects on the planet, the ones with the worst bites and stings and who knows which insect kills more people than any other on the planet??

BTW the guy proved that funnel webs are not the viscious cold blooded attackers that they are made out to be, he had one walk across his hand, several times, and he proved they will only attack if threatened.

funnel web....

funnelweb.jpg

alright maybe their not so evil so to speak,but look at those fangs man, :eek:

i would not like to meet one of those bad boy's & if by some bizzare chance i did,i swear to god i'd be running the 500 meters in a new world record time.lol :lol:

that cactus story was cool even if it is a myth :thumbsup:

Yeah. Myth or not it still gave me the creeps and i love creepy crawlies. :)