Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Mk4 - selling

Starensis

Well, 3 months into ownership of her new 22 plate Yaris, my wife has decided she doesn't want the expense of a new car. 🙄

Been offered more than we paid for it tbh ( which I think made up her mind ), so looks like it will be gone soon.

We've had a few issues with the car from new, so not too sad to see it go, however, the Gen4 hybrid set up is fantastic and something i'll miss. 

If anyone is selling a MK3 Yaris - with lowish miles and decent spec, be sure to DM me with the info. She has around £8k to spend.

I still own a C-HR, so will still be active on forum. 🤪

• Like 2

Seeing this has got me wondering have I made a good choice here. Ive ordered what I am calling a Mazda Yaris (Mazda2 hybrid) and will let my beloved CHR go to buy it. Generally it sounds a fab car, but hearing about the seat comfort especially in some threads, Im getting cold feet 🙁

My previous posts have described why I went for it, just didnt expect to read the Mk4 having issues.

I'll probably be ok, I need a smaller car, hence the change. Ive been looking online at Lexus CT200s but that looks such old tech and style now, cant see anything that would come close to the Mk4.

23 minutes ago, Llynyfan said:

but hearing about the seat comfort especially in some threads

Any seat design is a compromise and won't suit some people. Presumably you've already test driven the Mazda and did you have any issues??

I had but hadn't noticed the seat thing until I'd had mine for a few weeks; It may be because the one I tried was (IIRC) a Design, and didn't have these silly 'sports seats' (Which I suspect are just normal seats with more side bolstering) that mine came with, but you only start to notice it on a longer drive so unlikely to be picked up in a short test-drive.

It's not a deal-breaking issue as there are ways round it from cheap solutions (i.e. my Spinal Support towel :laugh: ) to proper lumbar support cushions and inserts.

• Like 1

Yaris seats have never been very comfortable imo, but they’re not the worst out there. 

Lack of lumber support and side to side bolster support are a massive miss though.

The Mazda seems to have the Yaris Dynamic seats and on our test drive of around 25 miles on varying roads, seemed fine. As we have a larger car for longer journeys, I guess using the Mazda Yaris on relatively local journeys shouldn't be an issue.

The Mk4 does have a lot of stupid things - The mains ones being the seat comfort (Or lack of) and terrible visibility (My friend finds it funny whenever I get him from Milton Keynes as I have to pigeon-neck around the A-pillars to see on-coming cars on the roundabout! The driver-side one is so badly placed it can hide entire HGVs if the roundabout is angled just right!)

However, It's a very enjoyable car to drive - I get inexplicably happy just driving it around :biggrin: 

The driving dynamics and feel are so far ahead of any previous Yaris I think they must have kidnapped whoever sets up the Fiesta for Ford and made them work their magic on this car :laugh:  They've really nailed the feel of everything.

The fuel economy is ridiculous too - I quite like driving, and it's so nice being able to go for a drive without being punished for it at the pump. Especially as you can give it a boot to e.g. quickly overtake someone, and it barely has any effect on the fuel economy, although sustained high-speeds does drop it from the ludicrously sky-high mpgs to merely 'good' :laugh: 

I also find I don't get 'picked on' by SUVs and such as much as I did in my Yaris Mk1 and Mk2 (This may just be because I can't see them due to the aforementioned visibility, but I like to think the angry face and giant backside of the car scares them off :laugh: )

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Visibility in most newer cars now is not good around A pillars. Structural/NCAP trade off.

I find the interior door handles very poor for access/location. 

As for the drive: I agree, it does make you smile.

• Like 1

good luck on finding a mk3 they are very strong money £12-14k gets you in to a 16-18 plate at a main stealer

the mk4 is designed for the small build person, not us broad, lanky Brits 6 foot+, 80-100kg

1 minute ago, flash22 said:

good luck on finding a mk3 they are very strong money £12-14k gets you in to a 16-18 plate at a main stealer

the mk4 is designed for the small build person, not us broad, lanky Brits 6 foot+, 80-100kg

Yeah, know it will be a tough ask. We’re not in any rush to replace the MK4 tbh. Think we may try life with one car - mine. 🥴

3 minutes ago, flash22 said:

What about a downgrade to Aygo x auto (cvt)

We did discuss the Aygo; having had a couple on loan whilst the Yaris was in for all its defects. Later models are OK, older ones not so much. Not too fussed about auto either as I won’t be driving it. 🙏🏼😉

She wants another Nissan Juke. 🙄

• Sad 1

Oh no not a Nissan joke, with the exploding cvt - why not buy a Renault captur and be done with it, put all the pain in one basket

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, flash22 said:

Oh no not a Nissan joke, with the exploding cvt - why not buy a Renault captur and be done with it put all the pain in one basket

I know. Women buy with their eyes and heart, not their heads. Trying to put her off it every second I can. I’d rather she had a Suzuki Swift! 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Starensis said:

I know. Women buy with their eyes and heart, not their heads. Trying to put her off it every second I can. I’d rather she had a Suzuki Swift! 

Just say to her if it goes wrong don't come crying to me as I warned you. 

That normally does the trick. 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, forkingabout said:

Just say to her if it goes wrong don't come crying to me as I warned you. 

That normally does the trick. 

Don’t start me off on that………………

2 hours ago, Starensis said:

Swift is a cracking car and has comfy seats.  

• Like 2

My ex wife many years ago when asked what kind of car she would like,as in those days and affordable for me ,say a fiesta , metro or old 205, seriously said a white one she had seen at a dealer.

It was a Yugo 45 IIRC, well I was enlightened to many things in those days, just not wasting money on scrap.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Dacia Sandero is a cracking small car, cheap and cheerful, no joke. Other option different from Yaris hybrid polo Fabia or Ibiza. 👍

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, TonyHSD said:

Dacia Sandero is a cracking small car, cheap and cheerful, no joke. Other option different from Yaris hybrid polo Fabia or Ibiza. 👍

Are Dacia the successors of the Yugo brand then ?

I realize that Renault are the parent company of Dacia now, but in the 80s I think Yugos were made of recycled tinfoil and straw.

Maybe some woven chickpeas in there too.

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, TonyHSD said:

I’ve heard people say - for the money, they’re a decent car, but the style and fact they’re a cheap Renault, put me right off.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, anchorman said:

Swift is a cracking car and has comfy seats.  

Agree. Trying to convince her it’s not all about pretty colours and red mirror covers! 🙄😬

• Haha 1

Years ago I had a Dacia. They were a copy of the old Renault 12. Worst car I ever owned, and as a result I'll never buy another one, no matter how cheap they may be. I returned the car after two weeks as it was not fit for purpose. Door handles fell off, parcel trays were made of cardboard. They were terrible.

I'm sure their quality has improved since I owned mine, but as I said, never again.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Big_D said:

Years ago I had a Dacia. They were a copy of the old Renault 12. Worst car I ever owned, and as a result I'll never buy another one, no matter how cheap they may be. I returned the car after two weeks as it was not fit for purpose. Door handles fell off, parcel trays were made of cardboard. They were terrible.

I'm sure their quality has improved since I owned mine, but as I said, never again.

You get what you pay for……as the saying goes.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links