Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Mk4 - selling

Starensis

7 hours ago, Cyker said:

Hope you got a good price for it!!

So... down to one car or what's on the possibles list now...?

Got £2k more than we paid for it! 🤑🤑🤑

Been looking at Hyundai i10’s and Kia Picanto’s today. Although the Kia are thin on the ground, we have a test drive booked for tomorrow.

Had a test drive in an i10 today and quite impressed with it. Only 998cc on 17 plate and only £7500. Just trying to get a higher spec now.

Looked at MK3 Yarisussesss and they are extortionate prices. £9k for 2013 car with 50k miles! 😳

We’re in no rush to replace the MK4, but looks like we may find something over the next few days. 👍

• Like 3

Nice! :thumbsup: It's so weird that only a couple years ago it was unheard of to make anything other than a big loss selling a car from new, and now you're making a fairly sizeable profit!! :laugh: 

The i10/Picantos are quite nice - They tend to have a lot more gear than the Aygo and better interiors, plus I quite like the new shape ones as the size is just right; The original ones were a touch too small! :laugh: The engines are as gutless as the Aygo ones but similarly frugal, but I think you could get the 1.2L engine and possibly a turbo engine by that sort of year, at the expense of some mpg (And probably reliability in the case of the turbo engine :laugh: ).

If you're looking in that segment, the VW Up! and equivalents are nice too; Bit less stuff but they are fun to drive and feel reassuringly solid.

Definitely right about the Mk3 - In fact all the Toyota hybrids hold their value annoyingly strongly; Good when you're selling, but not so much when buying!! Was one of the things that put me off getting a Mk3 hybrid over the Mk2 1.33VVTi when I was deciding what to replace my Mk1 D4D with when I got KHAAAN!'d. (£7-8k vs £2.5-3k at the time - And now they've gone up it seems!!)

• Like 2

Toyota and particularly the hybrid range prices are at highest point now both new and used and it’s a lot because of the emissions things plus many more people jumped into the hybrid world. When I bought my first private hybrid back in 2015 they were cheaper than any diesel equivalent from other manufacturers., not the case anymore and the worst of all is that there cars like mine selling few grands over from what I paid back then, it’s beyond crazy. A good deal currently is 2019 Corolla 1.2t and if lucky some can be found for as Bg low as £13000-> 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Cyker said:

Nice! :thumbsup: It's so weird that only a couple years ago it was unheard of to make anything other than a big loss selling a car from new, and now you're making a fairly sizeable profit!! :laugh: 

The i10/Picantos are quite nice - They tend to have a lot more gear than the Aygo and better interiors, plus I quite like the new shape ones as the size is just right; The original ones were a touch too small! :laugh: The engines are as gutless as the Aygo ones but similarly frugal, but I think you could get the 1.2L engine and possibly a turbo engine by that sort of year, at the expense of some mpg (And probably reliability in the case of the turbo engine :laugh: ).

If you're looking in that segment, the VW Up! and equivalents are nice too; Bit less stuff but they are fun to drive and feel reassuringly solid.

Definitely right about the Mk3 - In fact all the Toyota hybrids hold their value annoyingly strongly; Good when you're selling, but not so much when buying!! Was one of the things that put me off getting a Mk3 hybrid over the Mk2 1.33VVTi when I was deciding what to replace my Mk1 D4D with when I got KHAAAN!'d. (£7-8k vs £2.5-3k at the time - And now they've gone up it seems!!)

Thanks for the feedback and suggestions. 👍

Will see what the next few days/weeks bring, but trying to put her off a Nissan Puke! 🤮

It’s certainly not a buyers market out there. 😞

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, TonyHSD said:

Toyota and particularly the hybrid range prices are at highest point now both new and used and it’s a lot because of the emissions things plus many more people jumped into the hybrid world. When I bought my first private hybrid back in 2015 they were cheaper than any diesel equivalent from other manufacturers., not the case anymore and the worst of all is that there cars like mine selling few grands over from what I paid back then, it’s beyond crazy. A good deal currently is 2019 Corolla 1.2t and if lucky some can be found for as Bg low as £13000-> 

Corolla are a bit too big for her in/out of city. 

The search continues……..🥴

• Like 1

My mk3 cost more now than when I paid for it 4 years ago. Not sure if I'd made any gains since new MK4 price is also high. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

The problem is the hybrids have had a double whammy - The general 2nd hand car market hike is one, due to the new car delays etc., but hybrids in particular were already shooting up because of KHAAAN! triggering a mass exodus of diesel drivers scrambling to find something to replace their DERVs with something that had similar running costs - London's been hoovering up all the hybrids from across the country, and now that other cities have seen what's happened and thought "Oooh, he got away with it! Lets go lads! Another revenue stream just opened up!" I can't see it getting better any time soon :sad:

Knowing my luck it'll start to go down right as I want to sell mine :laugh: 

Anyone who has a hybrid who doesn't drive much can make a killing right now doing what catlover (And I guess now Starensis :laugh: ) did and trading in their hybrid for a small CC petrol car!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Starensis said:

Corolla are a bit too big for her in/out of city. 

The search continues……..🥴

Just a tiny bit bigger but so much better car, more solid by all means and £10 grand less from what you have sold your Yaris, if me I will ask her to think again and consider a test drive 😉👌 This particular model Corolla icon tech 1.2 t manual is currently best value for money used Toyota car in the UK. 👍

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links