Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How much is enough?

Bper

Had to look twice at local Morrisons dropped from 147.9p to 144.9p that's the biggest drop we have seen. Has anyone else seen prices dropping. Will have to go past the  station again today to make sure it wasn't a fluke.👍

• Like 1

Just come back from a drive and have checked the price above  as I thought it may be a mistake but it isn't

It seems a bit strange that our local morrisons dropped prices from 147.9p to 144.9p that's the lowest of any petrol stations within the surrounding areas. The other stations are 3p and 4p higher yet these other stations have always been lower. Not sure why this is but no complaints at least it's now heading in the right direction.😊

• Like 1

Gulf A1 south of Grantham is 141.7.  For a 'strategic highway ' that is a remarkable  price.  You would think cars would be backed up down the A1. 

They aren't. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Locally (Birmingham) most places seem to be £1.38.9 for unleaded E10 - cheapest £1.36.7 to 1.39.9. Costco £1.32.9 - but you lose some of the reduction by joining and waiting in the queue going out into the adjacent dual carriageway.

• Like 3

What is Costco fuel like??

• Like 2

Not used it as there is always a queue and can't be bothered to wait 20 minutes plus.

• Like 2

That's one of the reasons I ask. Is it worth the wait, or is it just another "Supermarket" fuel

• Like 2

As a rough rule, for my car fuel is around 10p per mile.  Just need a bit of mental maths to work out the route deviation versus cost benefit. 

Suppose I can uplift 20ltr at a saving of 2p/ltr I can only go 4 miles extra at no additional cost. 

If you need fuel the price is irrelevant unless you pass a cheap filling station. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Roy124 said:

If you need fuel the price is irrelevant unless you pass a cheap filling station

Very true. I pass a filling station on the way when we go out for groceries. It is currently at £1.39 per litre. There is one 2 miles down the road which is always a penny per litre cheaper. Taking my time and cost per mile, I fill up at the station I pass.

• Like 2

In our area prices are dropping the cheapest is £1.35 so I be filling up there next week.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Derek.w said:

In our area prices are dropping the cheapest is £1.35 so I be filling up there next week.

Hi Derek,

I must remember to look at moving g to Durham.😅

At the moment I know of 2 garages of diffrent brands selling at this price in the Durham area but suspect thers a 3 at Bishop Auckland (County Durham) but I seldom down in that area.

• Like 1

139.7 Asda down my way, diesel 1p less. 

• Like 3

Diesel is cheaper than petrol?? I'm surprised. Usually it's the other way round

• Like 3

Local petrol station dropped price to 146 and a couple of other places on the way to work 143.9 and 139.9.

• Like 1

On 6/2/2023 at 5:18 PM, Big_D said:

Diesel is cheaper than petrol?? I'm surprised. Usually it's the other way round

Would be the first time I've seen that in this country!

Deffo isn't the case around here tho' :laugh: 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Cyker said:

Would be the first time I've seen that in this country!

Deffo isn't the case around here tho' :laugh: 

Diesel has definitely come down round here.

I remember diesel being cheaper than petrol years ago (1980's?)

• Like 2

Just seen our local Morrisons petrol price has just gone up from 144.9 to 145.9. No one can tell me they are not taking us all for a ride but then again at there prices they wouldn't do it. Profiteering for sure and just when I thought the prices had been going in the right direction.🤬

• Like 1

£1.389 by us, at our local Esso. Its the same price as the local Tesco.

• Like 1

I have just seen that our local morrisons has hiked it's petrol price back up from 145.9 to 147.9p

They dropped the price to 144.9p on the 31st may. Has the price of oil shot back up that I don't know about. I'm surprised this lot are not in the mortgage market.🤬

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bper said:

I'm surprised this lot are not in the mortgage market.

I'm glad they're not. Mortgages are cheaper 😁

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Bper said:

I have just seen that our local morrisons has hiked it's petrol price back up from 145.9 to 147.9p

They dropped the price to 144.9p on the 31st may. Has the price of oil shot back up that I don't know about. I'm surprised this lot are not in the mortgage market.🤬

The Morrisons local here is 138.7 or .9 when I was there on Thursday. The difference are too large. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Mojo1010 said:

The Morrisons local here is 138.7 or .9 when I was there on Thursday. The difference are too large. 

9p difference between two Morrisons stores, that level can't be right.🤬

• Like 1

Well again Morrisons have dropped the price from 147.9p to 146.9p. Is the fluctuation in price anything to do with weekly store revenue.If they have a slight loss do they raise they price or if they have a good week they lower it

It would good to hear if anyone has any ideas other then just profiteering . As this is such a regular occurrence it cannot be fuel prices.

• Like 2