Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My Toyota Cloud

N Bakr

Hi,

We have a month old Yaris Cross, have signed up to MyToyota and have been attempting to use its Live navigation system. But we are finding that the Cloud is often not available. For example, today we could not connect and for parts of yesterday we could not connect. I am not sure if it is a wider Toyota problem or a fault with my car. Any advice about recent connectivity would be appreciated.

I called in to my local dealer yesterday and it was clear that he had a similar problem with a new Yaris Cross last week - which made me a little suspicious.

Thanks.

Next time it happens take a look at your SOS button & see if the green led is showing. 

I’ve seen it a couple of times. The system shows a valid mobile data connection but the cloud icon has a cross. I’m pretty sure it’s a server issue on Toyota’s side of things.

I mostly use Apple CarPlay, which avoids this issue and overs a much better experience overall.

Hi

I have a 3 month old yaris cross and have the same problem with the cloud based navigation system. It's hit and miss whether the inbuilt sim card gets a 4g signal or not, when it doesn't get a signal the navigation system cannot connect or if you are using it the navigation goes off when the signal is lost. Makes the cloud based system useless when travelling anywhere as it can't be relied on. I thought at first it was the sim card that was on a weak network but I have since noticed that you can be in the same place or following the same route and one day it picks up a strong signal and another time gets no signal and doesn't connect. I think this suggests it may be yet another software glitch on this particular system. 

It did it to me again on Saturday. No connection in the morning, but worked fine in the evening. The car hadn’t moved.

Toyota said it might need a new DCM unit. I’m not convinced the problem is in the car. Next time I will try tethering to my phone to test if it is a network or server issue.

Toyota cloud not working on my car tonight, it’s been on and off since last Wednesday. SOS button is always green but app says all the time that my car is at home and no trips recorded since last Wednesday. 

• Sad 1

Toyota online support are recommending that I get the DCM (Data Connection Module) replaced. I think this is typically located behind the touch screen and centre air vents. Not sure I like the sound of that when I'm not convinced the fault is in the car.

• Sad 1

This morning my car failed again to connect to the Toyota online services at my house. So I tried connecting the system to my home Wi-Fi, after which it did login and load my profile. It would therefore seem that this is a reception issue with the mobile data provider. Does anyone know which mobile network Toyota are using?

I have also had this problem but it seems only when the car is hot.

the system We have a Feb 22 Yaris cross and have the same problem. Does anyone know if Toyota are planning to update the system and then automatically update on the car

I have asked Toyota if the replacement DCM would be any different. I don’t see any point replacing it with an exact same part.

Seems Toyota now agree with me and suspect a mobile network issue.

The latest update I have on the issue concerning your vehicle is that the issue seems to be related to a network issue of Vodafone (who is providing the SIMs for DCM600). We (Toyota Motor Europe) are working with them to investigate. 

As for whether replacing the DCM unit, if this is the course of action we would need to take I cannot say at this stage it is ultimately the outcome of an investigation with our Toyota technicians. 

Our 2022 Yaris Cross lost cloud connection yesterday.  Not working today either. I trust Vodafone get on and fix it soon

On 8/17/2022 at 4:29 PM, IT Troll said:

Seems Toyota now agree with me and suspect a mobile network issue.

Has the cloud connection been fixed yet?

No, they are still investigating as per quote above.