Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New 2023 Corolla announced

Rhysm

I'll be waiting until 2026 before making a decision on an electric vehicle.  The EU have given car makers until then to prove that synthetic fuels are a viable carbon neutral option to the current petrol / diesel fuels.

Normally I drive a small car and sometimes do long journeys.  There are not many small electric cars on the market at present and those that do have correspondingly small traction batteries which means limited range, wouldn't suit me at all.  However with the progress of time and technology things will improve.  I'm hanging on to see how things develop.

• Like 1

Does anyone know what’s the earliest delivery for this or the price increase gonna be?

I have asked my dealer and she said it’s gonna be March and increases by 3K.

6 minutes ago, OMAZ said:

Does anyone know what’s the earliest delivery for this or the price increase gonna be?

The ToyotaUK.mag article featured earlier in this topic states the 2023 Corolla will be on sale in Europe during the first quarter of 2023.

15 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

The ToyotaUK.mag article featured earlier in this topic states the 2023 Corolla will be on sale in Europe during the first quarter of 2023.

Plus adding 5-7 months for the delivery …. You’re looking at Autumn 2023.

Today Toyota confirmed MY22 production is now fully allocated and as such order books for MY22 are closed with immediate affect. Order books & Pricing for MY23 go live 18th August.

2 new colours, Juniper blue & Decuma grey

New line up looses Icon Tech however Icon now uplifts in spec:

Icon:

• New design 16 " Alloy wheels
  • Led headlights ( low )
  • Front fog lights
  • Dual auto AC
  • Reverse camera
  • Heated wing mirrors
  • Heated fabric seats with lumbar

New for MY23

• 12.3" Digital combi meter ( Instrument cluster )
  • MM21 T2 Smart connect navigation with 10.5" screen with Over the air updates
  • Wireless phone charger
  • TSS3
  • Fr & Rear parking sensors with ICS
  • Upgraded remote MYT services including Climate control, lock/unlock. Hazard light control & over the air updates

Design: in addition to Icon

• 17" machined face alloys
  • LED headlights ( High )
  • Rear privacy glass
  • Mid+ Trim updates ( your guess is as good as mine )
  • Auto fold mirrors & Auto wipers
  • Smart entry & Ambient lighting
  • Electro chromatic rear view mirror
  • Optional panoramic roof

New for MY23

• Wireless phone charger
  • TSS3
  • Upgraded remote MYT services including Climate control, lock/unlock. Hazard light control & over the air updates

Excel: in addition to Design

• 18" machined face alloy wheels
  • Heated leather sports seats
  • Power lumbar support
  • Rear AC ( I suspect this is just additional vents not 3 zone AC )
  • Power back door TS only
  • Optional Pano roof & Bitone

New for MY23

• Heads up display
  • Blind spot monitor & rear cross traffic alert
  • Adaptive head lights
  • Wireless phone charger
  • TSS3

GR Sport: in addition to Design

• 18" GR sport alloy wheels
  • GR sport interior & exterior styling
  • GR sports seats with part leather bolsters
  • Optional Bitone

New for MY23

• Wireless phone charger
  • TSS3

note Toyota have just altered their bulletin to show GR sport is based from Design not Excel 23/08/2022

Another note as it is based on Design trim GR Sport looses Heads up display for MY23

Edited by Devon Aygo
Updates
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 3

Thanks, the upgrades looks promising 👍

• Like 1

Cheers for that info, I'll let the missus know as she has Corolla on top of her shopping list.

• Like 1

Looks good but disappointing still no auto locking when driving off 😏

• Like 2

Any information regarding the pricing ?

Waiting for my TS Excel (November) , it’s a little bit frustrating to see these extra additions :

• Heads up display
  • Blind spot monitor & rear cross traffic alert
  • Adaptive head lights
  • MM21 T2 Smart connect navigation with 10.5" screen

I will definitely miss these on my model 🤷‍♂️

• Like 2

Icon is effectively Icon Tech, just no smart entry.

• Like 2

I wonder if that’s why my local dealer keeps phoning me to change my car so that they can get rid of all the my 22 stock.

It’s ironic that they done the same just before the new corolla was lunched kept on ringing me to change the auris for a new auris .

can’t blame them for trying I suppose.

• Like 1

No trek version for 2023?
2022 looks stunning to me especially in black or silver. 👌

If I was going for a new Corolla I can see only two things I would want in the Excel over the Design:

• Blind spot monitor & rear cross traffic alert
  • Adaptive head light

Apart from BSM I think my MY19 Design has CTA and adaptive HL

Adaptive headlamps are where the dipped beams move / swivel depending on the angle of the front wheels - I haven't seen that technology used on a UK spec Corolla yet.

I have them on my C-HR & wouldn't own a vehicle without them now.

I also like the little dance / self test they do when I start the vehicle up when it's dark.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Is that right?

GR will be the top trim? I wanted the power back door for my TS and wouldn't mind the wireless charger as standard... It wasn't even an option!!

Looking like Excel & GR Sport are both top equal trim depending on if you want comfort OR sporty styling.

MY23 spec looks great, even though I recently got My22 it’s a good improvement. I’m waiting for pricing and whether 0% finance reappears. 

%0 financing & employee discount scheme would help with the missus decision 🤣

Until then she said she can wait.

5 hours ago, forkingabout said:

Adaptive headlamps are where the dipped beams move / swivel depending on the angle of the front wheels - I haven't seen that technology used on a UK spec Corolla yet.

I have them on my C-HR & wouldn't own a vehicle without them now.

I also like the little dance / self test they do when I start the vehicle up when it's dark.

Philips did adaptive headlights years ago.  Obviously early days and found to be weird I think it the best description. 

12 minutes ago, Roy124 said:

Philips did adaptive headlights years ago.  Obviously early days and found to be weird I think it the best description. 

Moveable / swivel headlamp beams are nothing new, Tucker patented his design in 1948, Citroen brought there design to mass production in 1967.

The modern LED headlamps with swivel motors built in to the beams that car manufacturers use now are just a updated, refined & combined version of both these original ideas.

• Thanks 1

We visited Futuroscope in the 80s, they had a Citroën car,  later than the DS I think.  It had all this amazing stuff like cruise control, cameras etc. 😁 It was just a static exhibit. 

I think the point was , it’s new to Toyota or at least for Corolla 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

The Citroen DS had swivelling headlamps that were moved by wires! On a corner the inner lamp could turn almost 90deg while the out lamp move about 30deg.

I had a 2016 Citroen that had swivelling lamps, excellent, do miss um in the Corolla.

Watching a YouTube presentation of the MY23 , at the back I spotted 2 type C chargers 👍 just under the air vents

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links